Savaria designs, engineers and manufactures products to help people gain personal mobility. We make a range of accessibility lifts and wheelchair accessible vans. We also produce elevators from basic to luxurious-for select commercial applications and for home use.
We are currently recruiting for a Manual Lathe Operator working on our day shift which is Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm.
• Sets up, and operates manual horizontal lathe to perform machining and operations (turning, boring, facing and threading parts.
• Reads blueprints and drawings to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up and operating requirements.
• Loads/mounts materials into lathe manually or using a hoist/crane.
• Selects and installs cutting tools according to set up requirements.
• Removes and replaces dull cutting tools and attaches tools and work pieces to the lathe.
• Adjust machine settings and controls as necessary when problems arise.
• Calculate the amount of material to be loaded into the machine and make adjustments to the operating speed based on vibrations sounds that may indicate a malfunction.
• Inspects fabricated part to ensure conformance to specifications using micrometers and precision dial gauges.
• Cleaning and maintaining & surrounding work areas
• Perform test operations to guarantee machine properly creates the precise part.
• Uphold all employment standards, policies and procedures.
• Effectively manage time, accurately assess personal work performance, display initiative and professional ethics.
• Performing any other related duties as required.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements
• Knowledge of machines & tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
• Ability to analyze and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to function effectively and productively within a team focused work group.
• Speak/read/write fluently in English.
• Knowledge of mathematic applications and measuring tools.
• Knowledge of raw materials, productions processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture & distribution of goods.
• Knowledge and understanding of safety precautions involved.
• Hand-arm steadiness and dexterity.
High School or equivalent and/or Trade School/College Diploma. A licensed Machinist is preferred.
Preferably at least 2 years machinist experience, but will train the right candidate.
Hourly Rate to be negotiated.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
|Manual Lathe Operator||Brampton, ON, Canada||Machinist||FULL TIME|