Execute assigned electrical responsibilities encompassing general maintenance, preventive maintenance, construction, repair and installation of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment. Installs, repairs, maintains and inspects electrical systems and equipment such as motors, fixtures, transformers, generators, wiring, switchboards, alarm systems, controllers, circuit breakers and medium voltage transmission equipment, works from blueprints and specifications, makes working drawings and single line power diagrams, locates and diagnoses electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
• Follow safety and job specific safety procedures
• Actively pursue a four year apprenticeship through an accredited program. Maintain successful grade levels while gaining field experience.
• Perform all miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Demonstrate willingness to comprehend and follow instructions given by qualified electrical mentors
• Follow-up on construction work to ensure scheduled state and local inspection timetables are met and standards are maintained
• Record field wiring changes and modifications on blueprints for recording on master circuit diagrams
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications
• Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
• Connect wires to circuit breaks, transformers, or other components
• May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and variety of other equipment and instruments
• May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides or excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris
• May assist other craft workers
• Cleans, maintains and services equipment and tools
• Performs additional duties or emergency duties after normal work hours when requested by supervision or designee
• Working to develop your understanding and working knowledge of the current National Electrical Code, National Fire Alarm Code, all State and local codes is required
• Ability to understand, interpret and utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics is required
• Locate and diagnoses electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
• Operate a variety of power tools, shop equipment, and electrical testing instruments are required
• Must have the ability and willingness to learn and perform duties normally associated with other areas, multiple aspects of carpentry work required in the maintenance and construction of commercial buildings, churches, factories, office buildings, building, etc.
• Erect or dismantle structures, repair or refinish walls or structures
• Install wood and/or metal parts
• Erect or dismantle roofing and/or siding
• Framing, drywall hanging and minor drywall finishing, etc.
• Painting, touch up or incidental painting after structure repairs
• Form, place and finish concrete
• Ceiling installation and repair
• Hang doors and install locks and hardware
• Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel. Maintain shop equipment and tools
• May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and electrical currents
• May lift and carry heavy objects 5-25 pounds frequently, 25-50 pounds often, 50-100 pounds occasionally
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously
Multi-Craft Contractors, Inc. is a rapidly growing company offering full health, vision, dental, and life insurance benefits plus 401K and vacation. Compensation will depend on level of experience. Qualified applicants must pass pre-employment drug screening, background checks, and skills test.
If you are interested,
• Reply to this position with a resume.
• Or apply in person at: Multi-Craft Contractors, 2810 N. Le Compte Rd, Springfield, MO 65803
Since 1972, Multi-Craft has been serving Northwest Arkansas and Missouri. As our customers needed more services, we expanded our workforce, our equipment, our technology, and our capacity to meet those needs. Today, we provide complete contracting and engineering services for clients across the nation and around the world.