Salesperson’s primary responsibility is to represent Bone Dry Roofing, Inc with the highest degree of professionalism and punctuality and integrity while providing our customers respect, honesty and the highest level of customer service. Be at work by 7am between March and November. Be at work by 8:00am between December and February. Keep trucks washed and cleaned when running appointments.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and develop relationships with current and new customers.
• Manage Bone Dry appointments with professionalism and punctuality.
• Follow Bone Dry sales process for Roof Replacement and Repair appointments, while gaining a clear understanding of customers need and requirements.
• Provide customers written proposal at the time of initial appointment or schedule 2nd meeting to present proposal in person if one cannot be provided during initial visit.
• Identify any additional work that Bone Dry divisions may assist customer with. Refer customer to appropriate Bone Dry division.
• Schedule agenda, with customer, for follow up expectations at completion of initial visit.
• Turn in all proposals, diagrams, photos, and pricing to customer service for entry into Service CEO.
• Turn in signed copies of proposal, permits and order confirmation and pick list for all sold jobs to customer service representative.
• Finalize all customer color selections for items such as shingles, edge metals, gutters and flashings.
• Place Bone Dry Roofing sign in customer’s yard, PRIOR to production beginning.
• Be available to customer service, repairmen, and production managers for questions relating to individual jobs during production.
• Visit jobsites during production to assist insuring customer satisfaction throughout job process.
• Follow all Bone Dry safety precautions as described in the Bone Dry Safety manual when on jobsites.
• Sales person is responsible for contacting all their customers at completion of job to insure customer satisfaction and collect payment for services rendered. If multiple Bone Dry divisions are performing work for a customer, payment to each division is expected at the completion of each trade. No sales commission will be paid until payment is received in full. No sales commission will be paid if customer’s invoice balance exceeds 60 days past due. Case by case exceptions will be considered if insurance work is being performed. Sales or Bone Dry division Manager will make all decisions if this situation occurs.
• Sales person is responsible for the negotiation of insurance claims
• Sales person shall receive Loss Summary Report from customer and attend all insurance adjuster meetings with homeowner.
Bone Dry Roofing Sales Person Written Expectations 2016
• Sales Persons will be required to work a minimum of 2 Saturday’s per month between March and November. Saturdays are for running your scheduled appointments and helping with production. In addition, each sales person is expected to be available for appointment or assisting production until 8:00pm 2 days per week during mentioned dates.
• Each sales person will be expected to meet the Bone Dry Roofing dress code on days you run appointments.
o Dress code shall be: Bone Dry provided, collared shirts, tee-shirts, sweat-shirts, and fleeces, all shirts are to be tucked in when on appointments. Bone Dry caps are optional; however, no other caps will be allowed when on appointments.
o Khaki pants, shorts, or jeans; however, no holes or frayed pant legs will be permitted.
o Flip flops are NOT to be worn on any appointment.
• Bone Dry Trucks ARE NOT to be driven home by employees-unless prior approval is obtained. If employee does not obtain prior approval a fee will be assessed each night the truck is not returned to Bone Dry. If employee needs to drive company truck home each night; see accounting for fee arrangement.
• Bone Dry has a NO SMOKING POLICY FOR ALL BUILDINGS, COMPANY TRUCKS OR ON WORKSITES. Trucks are inspected randomly by supervisor. If truck needs detailed to restore cleanliness – the employee will be charged for the detailing service.
• Sales persons will be required to attend all scheduled trainings and sales meetings.
• All cell phone voice mail recordings will state that you WILL return all calls before the end of the current working day. Daily voice mail updates are encouraged.
• Maintain a minimum sales conversion of 45% for Roof Replacement appointments. (Sold proposal divided by total number of appointments).
o Maintain minimum sales conversion of 75% for Roof Repair appointments.
• Meet individual sales goals /quotas outlined at beginning of each year or at hire date.
• Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at in appropriate times.
• Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Operation and Control- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
• The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving out or fatiguing.
• The ability to see details at a close range (within a few feet of the observer)
• The ability to keep or regain your body balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• High School Diploma/or Equivalent
• Prior experience is not required
• Submit to a DOT Physical and Drug Screen
• 100% Travel
In business since 1989, Bone Dry Roofing’s office in Indianapolis is the headquarters of our business, which includes ten total offices across six states. Our company has been family owned and operated since the day it opened – we are not a franchise! We have built our reputation over the years one customer at a time, and this is the way we’ve grown from a small company to one of the largest residential roofing companies in the Midwest.