In the role of Service Technician your primary responsibility is installing, repairing, and troubleshooting commercial kitchen equipment at customer locations. You will diagnose faults, analyze issues and refer to schematic diagrams to repair and/or replace equipment. In this role, you will be interacting directly with our valued customers and service dispatch team in a professional, courteous manner. The ideal candidate will have experience within our industry and be able to work alone without supervision. This role will report into the VP of Operations.
• Work independently to install, repair and troubleshoot commercial kitchen equipment
• Consult customer or refer to work order to establish nature of the equipment malfunction
• Diagnose faults, analyze issues and refer to schematic diagrams to repair and/or replace equipment
• Perform planned maintenance according to service calendar
• Work directly with our customers at their various locations across Ontario
• Maintain constant communication with service team members via phone, in-person and tablet/email
• Complete paperwork as required
• Participate in mandatory OEM training
• Other jobs as required
• Two (2) years of Service as a Service Technician working with Food Equipment
• Valid Gas Fitter 2 License
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to service Level 1 and 2 equipment as outlined in the RG Henderson Equipment Levels
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a customer service approach to work
• Strong time management and multitasking abilities
• Excellent communication skills over the phone, in person, and through email
We offer competitive wages, company truck, RRSP and a comprehensive benefit program!
RG Henderson, a division of Heritage Food Service Group of Canada Limited, is the largest Food Equipment Repair and OEM Parts distributor in the Greater Toronto Area. We provide Repair Services, OEM Parts, Installation, and Planned Maintenance Programs for a variety of food service equipment. We are the leader within our industry and are looking to grow our team!