Tool & Die Maker/Repair
We are currently seeking qualified, skilled individuals to add to our talented Maintenance department in Centerline, MI. We offer an excellent and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(k) with company match.
• Candidates must have safety first attitude.
• Must have metal stamping background and poses through understanding of metal stamping, dies, and processes
• Support and follow quality & environmental programs.
• Ability to use lathes, milling machine, grinders, drill machine, gauge blocks, dial indicators, calipers and micrometers. As well as an understanding of the impacts of heat treat prior to grinding.
• Ability to apply basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, and dial indicators.
• Select or recommend metals and alloys to be used for tooling based on hardness and heat tolerance.
• Set up and operate conventional machine tools such as drill press, lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to described dimensions and finishes.
• Study blueprints, sketches, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies or assemblies.
• Inspect finished dies for smoothness, finish, contour conformity, and defects.
• Machine and assemble progressive and multi-slide dies.
• Conduct test runs with completed tooling or dies to ensure that production parts will meet specifications.
• Fit and assemble parts to make repairs or modify dies.
• Think outside the box in continuous improvement ideas as well problem solving.
• Adhere to all safety guidelines.
• Willingness to work in Union facility
• Must be available to work any shift
• Maintain the department/ work area clean and organized.
• Experience utilizing a press fit, slip fit and tolerance. Ability to use lathes, milling machine, grinders, drill machine, gauge blocks, dial indicators, calipers and micrometers.
• Experience working with a broad range of materials including tool steel, Teflon, aluminum, etc.
• Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to read and understand instructions.*
Sodecia Group is an industrial corporation operating worldwide as a full service supplier in the chassis, powertrain and body in white commodities. As a partner of the world’s major OEM’s, Sodecia aims to deliver integrated product solutions to meet the highest demands of our customers, by constantly adding value to their challenges, exceeding their expectations and taking part in their success.
Adding value to our customers
We thrive to create and present innovative solutions for our customers. Our three technological centers in Porto Portugal, Hannover Germany and Detroit U.S.A. deliver full service collaborative engineering.