Technician I Playland
POSITION: Technician I – Playland
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time
WAGE & PAY GRADE: $21.39/hr Plus 10% in lieu of benefits
DATE POSTED: April 28, 2017
We are seeking a mechanically apt and hard-working individual that has a passion for the Ride Attractions industry and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE). The Tech l of the Playland Tech Services Department, will work under the direction of the Manager, Playland Tech Services and provide support to the Playland Tech team in completion of general labor tasks and ride maintenance in Playland. The Tech l will operate vehicles and tools/equipment in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies. WHMIS, Lock Out, Zoom Boom, and Fall Arrest training will be provided on an as needed basis.
PNE fosters and is proud to maintain a culture of career growth and development. The Technician I role has many opportunities for on-the job training and future growth within the PNE Technical Services Department. We are committed in providing our employees with career growth opportunities and building skills & knowledge within our team.
• Assist with set up and tear down of rides, attractions and grounds
• Conduct basic repairs to rides and attractions under supervision and assist higher level Technicians with more complex repairs
• Provide services for general labour: cleaning, gardening, painting, and carpentry
• Complete daily ride and vehicle inspections and report all deficiencies found
• Complete daily timesheets in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Operate mobile equipment as required (forklifts, scissor lifts, zoom booms)
• Perform other related duties as required
• Must have successful completion of Grade 12
• Must have 1-2 years of general mechanics experience
• Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and provide an up-to-date Driver’s Abstract confirming a clean driving record.
• Must be capable of working at heights (up to 250 feet), working in awkward positions and lifting heavy equipment and have CSA approved steel toed boots
• Must be capable of understanding and executing written and oral English instructions and have the ability to work independently
• Must be able to work various rotating shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays and work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Valid forklift operator’s license is preferred
• Fall Protection Training and/or Propane Filling Certificate considered an asset.
• Occupational First Aid Level II considered an asset
• Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Applications for this position must be submitted via the PNE website by May 31st, 2017 at: www.pne.ca/jobs