WORKING CONDITIONS: Full-time Temporary: June – September 29th 2017
WAGE & PAY GRADE: $33.13/ hour – with TQ ; plus 10% in lieu of benefits & vacation
*DATE POSTED:*May 4, 2017
We are seeking two diligent and hard-working individuals that have a passion for the Events setup industry and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE). The Carpenters of the PNE Tech Services department will work under the direction of the Manager, Tech Services and are responsible for carpentry duties including maintenance and renovation projects for events. They will operate vehicles and tools/equipment in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies. This position will be temporary and shifts are dependent on work flow and staffing levels with an end date of September 29th, 2017.
• Perform carpentry duties for events, maintenance, renovation projects and preparation of drawings
• Operate all tools and machines of the carpentry trade in a safe and responsible manner
• Ensure projects are completed within specified time, and notify supervisor if difficulties arise
• Complete work documentation
• Perform foreperson duties in their absence
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Completion of a Trade Qualification (TQ) ticket in carpentry
• Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and provide an up-to-date Driver’s Abstract confirming a clean driving record
• Must have previous carpentry experience and thorough knowledge of carpentry methods, materials, tools and equipment
• Must be able to work from rough sketches or technical diagrams and complete technical reports as required
• Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions and prepare and maintain simple work records.
• Skilled in the operation of a variety of mobile equipment
• Capable of working at heights and lifting heavy materials up to WCB restrictions
• Physically able to work in awkward positions
• Knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions of the construction trades
Applications for this position must be submitted via the PNE website by Sunday June 18, 2017 at: www.pne.ca/jobs
No single location in Vancouver captures the spirit and history of this city, its people and its many achievements as the Pacific National Exhibition.
Since 1910, millions of guests have enjoyed shows, exhibits, sporting events, amusement rides, concerts, cultural activities and, of course, the annual summer Fair at the PNE.
Today, the PNE is the largest employer of youth in British Columbia, the longest running and best attended annual ticketed event in BC and the site of hundreds of famous events – from a live performance from the Beatles to the historic Miracle Mile.
For the past ten decades the Pacific National Exhibition has showcased the best of Vancouver to the rest of Canada and the world.