Magnolia, MS, United States
Our Wood Products manufacturing facility in Magnolia, MS has an opportunity for an Industrial Mechanic to join our team! A successful candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical equipment, processes and techniques to safely repair, modify, install and maintain the facility and high-tech manufacturing equipment.
To apply online, please visit http://weyer.jobs/11141.
- Machinery lubrications and other preventative maintenance assignments
- Repairing and troubleshooting mechanical power transmissions
- Bearing installment, coupling, belts, sprockets and chain driven installations
- Repair and troubleshooting of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Welding and Metal fabrication
- Basic principles of cylinder repair
- Some troubleshooting and exposure to industrial electricity issues
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group
- Able to work safely and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- All applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Stable employment history with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in industrial maintenance work, OR equivalent education to include vocational/technical school certificate.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of machinery lubrication
- Ability to repair and troubleshoot mechanical power transmissions
- Knowledge of bearing installment, coupling, belts, sprockets and chain drive installation
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Must be proficient in the use of hand and power tools and precision measuring and test instruments
- Basic knowledge metal fabrication and principles of cylinder repair
- Working knowledge of basic industrial electricity issues
- Commitment to follow all unit electrical/maintenance practices
- Ability to pass a pre-employment examination
- Able to work in extreme heat/cold, navigate catwalks and ladders and perform other functions required in a manufacturing environment
- All applicants must upload a resume detailing education and job history
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Vocational or technical school certificate in related area
- Past employment experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past employment in a wood manufacturing facility
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.