Heating and Air Conditioning Fitter
The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) is hiring Heating & Air Conditioning Fitters to install, repair, and replace complete direct gas-fired, steam, hot-water, air conditioning, heating, and ventilating systems, including control instruments and equipment, as part of the Maintenance & Operations Branch.
Apply directly online at www.lausdjobs.org by clicking on under Quick Links.
Typical duties include:
(1) Installing, repairing, and replacing hot-water, high- and low-pressure steam, and direct gas-fired heating systems; chilled-water and direct-expansion air conditioning systems, including condensers and cooling towers; variable refrigerant flow systems; and pressure cooking equipment.
(2) Installing, repairing, and replacing pipes, traps, boilers, pumps, valves, coils, radiators, air and refrigeration compressors, space heaters, furnaces, vents, fans, blowers, safety controls, and related equipment.
(3) Installing, testing, checking, adjusting, repairing, and replacing temperature and combustion controls, instruments and systems.
(4) Determining the amount and type of material and making simple sketches for the emergency repair of heating and air conditioning equipment.
(5) Assisting in determining repairs needed to prevent equipment deterioration.
(1) High school diploma or equivalent.
(2) Successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship program as a heating & air conditioning fitter or six (6) years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment, of which one (1) year must have been at the journey-level.
(3) Possession of a certificate of competence of chlorofluorocarbon License type Universal in accordance with EPA Rule 608, Clean Air Act.
LAUSD offers a complete benefits package, which includes fully paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and all dependents; Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service. Paid vacation, days of sick leave, twelve paid holidays and participation in the CalPERS retirement plan.
We are LAUSD. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
We are technical professionals, skilled workers, support staff, executives, and community champions. We do our jobs with a sense of integrity, accountability, and pride in shaping the future.
Our contributions here impact our number one customers – the 600,000 plus K-12 students of LAUSD. With over 1,000 job titles to choose from, build your rewarding career here by joining nearly 30,000 employees, and achieve new levels of success in your career!