Market Contractors is looking for Finish Carpenters who can cut, shape, and assemble wood, composition, and/or plastic sections with shop tools, field tools and other equipment such as planers, jointers, shapers, routers, sanders, and various power saws. The candidate must be able to assist in assembling components for work in various areas including casework modifications, wood framing, metal framing, tile, paint, FRP, and light concrete scopes. We expect our carpenters to be able to read, interpret, an build to construction documents, shop drawings, and sketches.
• Prepare materials estimates as directed by supervisor
• Determine type and dimensions of wood, stock to be used
• Maintain and clean equipment and work area
• Perform work of carpenter as assigned
• May act as Lead Carpenter in absence of Lead Carpenter or Supervisor
• Perform related duties as assigned
• 2+ years of carpentry experience
• Retail, restaurant, and T.I. experience desired
• Must be willing to travel
• Be willing to learn and perform a variety of duties as assigned
• The ability to read, follow construction documents, shop drawings and perform basic layout required
• High school diploma or equivalent
Market Contractors is a G.C., working nation wide in the retail, restaurant, and T.I. division of the commercial construction industry. We are employee-owned and offer competitive benefits for all employees!
Market Contractors, Ltd. is a national, full service general contracting company specializing in multi-unit tenant improvement work. Market concentrates on commercial build-outs in the healthcare, financial, retail, office and restaurant sectors. We provide turn-key solutions with in-house Program Management, Design, FF&E Procurement and Management, and Custom Casework including modular technology. We have over 65 years of combined experience with our sister companies; Financial Supermarkets Inc. (the nation’s largest provider of In-store financial institutions), and Sorbella Practice Builders (a healthcare division performing turn-key build out solutions for dental, medical and veterinary practices).