Market Contractors is looking for skilled candidates to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces for commercial construction projects in Clark County.
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
Your goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
• Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
• Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
• Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
• Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
• Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
• Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
• Apply varnish and other finishes
• Calculate costs and negotiate prices
• Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
• A positive ATTITUDE!
• Proven experience as a painter
• Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
• Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
• Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
• Good basic math skills
• Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
• Conscientious with great attention to detail
• High school diploma
Market Contractors is a G.C., working nation wide in the retail, restaurant, and T.I. sector of the commercial construction industry. We are employee-owned and offer competitive benefits for all employees!
Market Contractors, Ltd. is a national, full service general contracting company specializing in multi-unit tenant improvement work. Market concentrates on commercial build-outs in the healthcare, financial, retail, office and restaurant sectors. We provide turn-key solutions with in-house Program Management, Design, FF&E Procurement and Management, and Custom Casework including modular technology. We have over 65 years of combined experience with our sister companies; Financial Supermarkets Inc. (the nation’s largest provider of In-store financial institutions), and Sorbella Practice Builders (a healthcare division performing turn-key build out solutions for dental, medical and veterinary practices).