Commercial Tile Setter
Market Contractors is looking for Tile Setters for Commercial Construction projects. A tile setter is responsible for installing materials on a variety of surfaces including floors, walls, ceilings, countertops, patios, and roof decks. The candidate must be able to assist in assembling for work in all areas of each project. Candidates must ensure setting tile and surfaces are smooth, evenly spaced, or installed to specific plans.
Responsible for installing tile, marble, terrazzo panels, and glass in buildings and residences. Applies tile to walls, ceilings, and floors for decorative purposes.
· Apply tile to floors, ceilings, and walls of buildings.
· Measure and cut tile according to specifications.
· Insert fasteners into holes.
· Create plaster mixture and apply to a wall.
· Squeeze special mix between slabs.
· Smooth and finish mixture.
· Clean off residue.
· Remove damaged or destroyed tiles.
· Apply cement to walls, floors, and ceilings.
· Set tile in place and push into cement.
· Utilize tools such as hammers, chisels, trowels, putty knives, power grinders, and polishers.
· Crack tiles to proper shape and size.
· Apply base of mortar to the floor.
· Level mortar with a straightedge.
· Place metal strips in mortar.
· Smooth mixture over mortar base.
· Smooth and polish surface with machines.
· Tile Shaping
· Cost and Labor Estimation
· Mortar Mixing
· Blueprints Comprehension
· Grouting and Sealing
· Measuring Prowess
· Minor Carpentry
· Tile Finishing
High School Diploma or equivalent
On-the-Job training or Apprenticeship
1-2 years of work related experience
Travel to job sites in Clark County
Market Contractors is a G.C., working nation wide in the retail, restaurant, and T.I. sector of the commercial construction industry. We are employee-owned and offer competitive benefits for all employees!
Market Contractors, Ltd. is a national, full service general contracting company specializing in multi-unit tenant improvement work. Market concentrates on commercial build-outs in the healthcare, financial, retail, office and restaurant sectors. We provide turn-key solutions with in-house Program Management, Design, FF&E Procurement and Management, and Custom Casework including modular technology. We have over 65 years of combined experience with our sister companies; Financial Supermarkets Inc. (the nation’s largest provider of In-store financial institutions), and Sorbella Practice Builders (a healthcare division performing turn-key build out solutions for dental, medical and veterinary practices).