Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Akron, OH, United States
Fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal equipment products and structures.
Selects gauge and type of sheet metal according to products being fabricated and knowledge of metal. Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned craft workers. Interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders as needed for area of supervision. Installs and directs installation of assemblies in building or work-site. Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations. Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedules, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel. Studies schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job. Analyzes and resolves work problems. Maintains time records and coordinates schedules. May, upon employer’s authorization, make cost estimates for contracts
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
- Plan, lay-out, fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal parts, products and equipment
- Knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and non-metallic materials, machining and lay-out techniques, using hand-tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or products specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabrication, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, etc., to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Shapes materials over anvil, block or other form, using hand tools. * * Trims, files, grinds, buffs, and smooths surfaces, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, and bonds component parts to assemble products, using hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints, using hand tools, power tools, and lifting and handling devices. *Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments required.
About Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies, with operations in most regions of the world. Together with its U.S. and international subsidiaries and joint ventures, Goodyear develops, manufactures, markets and sells tires for most applications. It also manufactures and sells rubber-related chemicals for various applications.