Defiance, OH, United States
Are you an Industrial Electrician who likes working in a fast paced and team oriented environment? If you are a trained journeyman seeking new opportunities to work with amazing people, let us know and apply today. Our Defiance team is hiring 4 Industrial Electricians to join our team in Defiance, Ohio. In Defiance, we manufacturer fiberglass products to serve a variety of industries such as automotive, aerospace, and more. If you have experience with the following let us know by applying today!
- PLC experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens
- Experience inspecting, assembling, installing and repairing all electrical AC and DC circuits, systems, switchgear, motors, and other electrical equipment throughout the plant.
- Experience with power distribution systems and other basic electrical / electronic equipment
- Experience troubleshooting pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- You like planning, prioritizing, and completing work in the most efficient way while working in accordance with all city, state, and federal electrical codes.
- High School diploma or GED
- Certified Journeyman Electrician
- 5 years of experience working as an Industrial Electrician
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and drawings
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence legibly
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Machine Safety
- Experience with lockout/tag out
- Experience with lift truck operations, JLG, etc. and ability to obtain license to operate
- Ability to follow all Johns Manville safety procedures and policies.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, hours and assignments (A-12a-8am; B-8am-4pm; C-4pm-12am; D-Swing)
- Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50lbs with occasional lifting of up to 100lbs. Must be able to work at high heights. Good vision, hearing, color vision, speaking, and finger dexterity skills are required as well as the ability to perform close work.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment effectively
- Ability to work independently
- A self-thinker
Why It's Awesome to Work Here
- JM was founded in 1858
- We’re a Berkshire Hathaway company – acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2001.
- We have 7,000 employees worldwide
- We have 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia.
- JM is a leader in roofing, insulation and engineered products
- Starting pay $28.82/Hour ($28.93 After probationary period)
- Competitive Shift Premium
- Benefits Package: medical, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) plan that includes company contributions
- Career Growth Opportunities
About Johns Manville
Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company, manufactures residential and commercial insulation, commercial roofing, mechanical insulation and materials for other manufacturers’ products and applications.