Landscape Technical Supervisor
The Landscape Technical Supervisor provides technical direction over synthetic turf and natural grass surface systems operations of the District, including control of specifications, procedures, and new products and equipment evaluations.
The ideal candidate for this position will: be a motivated self-starter, possess knowledge and experience maintaining both natural and synthetics fields, have previously worked with various size budgets and projects, be water/energy usage and conservation conscious, bring new and innovative ideas to the District, possess strong technological skills, be an effective communicator (both written and oral), and maintain a safety focus.
Some of the core duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing, directing, and participating in the development and maintenance of quality standards, procedures, and standards for tools, materials, and equipment used in synthetic turf and natural grass surface work, fabrication, and installations.
- Providing technical advice to District designers, craft supervisors, inspectors, and contracting architects, engineers, and landscape architects regarding the fabrication, design, installation, and maintenance of District synthetic turf systems and natural grass surfaces for athletic and non-athletic fields.
- Supervising and participating in the development of tasks standards, job specifications, working drawings, and guides for work methods and procedures.
- Analyzing problem situations and developing solutions by adapting techniques and materials.
- Developing craft-related preventative maintenance programs for Facility components.
- Monitoring deferred-maintenance projects by establishing long-range priorities and adjusting schedules as required, determining the unit to prepare designs, maintaining status records, coordinating projects with construction units, and maintaining expenditure records.
- Reviewing contracts and District designs for synthetic turf systems and natural grass surfaces for conformance with approved standards and specifications.
For more information, please refer to the Landscape Technical
Supervisor classification description: http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/lausd/offices/personnel/class/class_comp/cds/cc4115.PDF
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency and two adult school or college-level courses in supervision, business management, personnel management, construction technology, or craft-related subjects. Successful completion of LAUSD’s Organizational Excellence Branch’s Supervisor Certificate Program I may be substituted for the required courses.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of experience in the design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance of synthetic turf systems and natural turf, including two years of supervisory experience.
SPECIAL: 1) Facilities Planner Program Certificate is required by completion of the probationary period; 2) A valid California Driver License; and 3) Use of an automobile.
All interested applicants must submit an online application via: https://btserec.lausd.net/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zerwd_a_refcode_srch?sap-client=910
- Insurance: Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
- Vacation: 24 days of paid vacation
- Paid Holidays: 12 days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and much more!
We are LAUSD. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
We are technical professionals, skilled workers, support staff, executives, and community champions. We do our jobs with a sense of integrity, accountability, and pride in shaping the future.
Our contributions here impact our number one customers – the 600,000 plus K-12 students of LAUSD. With over 1,000 job titles to choose from, build your rewarding career here by joining nearly 30,000 employees, and achieve new levels of success in your career!