The Los Angeles Unified School District is seeking Roofers to perform journey-level work in the maintenance, repair, waterproofing and replacement of roof coverings as part of the Maintenance & Operations Branch of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
• Repairing and replacing roof coverings such as composition shingles, tile, hot and cold build-up roofing, torch applied, single ply and sprayed in place foam.
• Repairs and replaces waterproofing systems.
• Protects roofs by performing routine preventative maintenance and condition surveys.
• Performs simple carpentry and sheet metal work as needed in connection with roofing and waterproofing activities.
• Cleaning drains, leader-heads, gutters, and roof surfaces.
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency.
EXPERIENCE: Successful completion of a recognized apprenticeship program in roofing installation, maintenance, and repair or five (5) years of experience in roofing installation, maintenance, and repair, one (1) year of which must have been at the journey-level.SPECIAL: A valid California Driver License and use of an automobile.
Apply directly online at www.lausdjobs.org by clicking on Jobs Open to the Public (non LAUSD Employees) or LAUSD Promotional Opportunities (current LAUSD Employees). For assistance with the application process, please submit a “help desk service request form” located to the left of the Quick Links on our job webpage, www.lausdjobs.org.
We are LAUSD. We are at the forefront of innovation in public schools, with the serious work of tailoring the learning environment to better serve our community. Here, you will have the opportunity to exercise your potential in the business of education.
We are technical professionals, skilled workers, support staff, executives, and community champions. We do our jobs with a sense of integrity, accountability, and pride in shaping the future.
Our contributions here impact our number one customers – the 600,000 plus K-12 students of LAUSD. With over 1,000 job titles to choose from, build your rewarding career here by joining nearly 30,000 employees, and achieve new levels of success in your career!