Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Social Circle, GA, United States
- Responsible for supporting the tire manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all rubber manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment.
- Promotes safety and housekeeping throughout the facility.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction and operation of heavy industrial machinery, power and control devices.
- Responsible for technical support including, but not limited to: troubleshooting, calibrating, changing, installing, identifying, testing, programming, repairing and preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery, physical facilities and the utilities/controls.
- Knowledgeable of steam, water, air, vacuum, condensate, and other systems and equipment with department operations.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic failures and take the appropriate corrective action.
- Capable of measuring and making sketches of parts, fitting keys, laying out center lines, welding, cutting, fitting bearings, drilling, tapping and aligning holes.
- Use precision measuring instruments and working to specified, close tolerances while maintaining and repairing industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Capable of reading blueprints, sketches, maintenance manuals and manufacturing specifications.
- Maintains daily timecard and log, or uses computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift
- Proficient in the use of hand and other power tools.
- Understanding and proficient in safe work practices including LOTO, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold).
- Ability to do physically demanding work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work at heights of 10 feet or greater.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work on both a team and individual projects.
- Ability to follow established safety policies.
- Successful completion of a background and drug screen.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment assessment.
- Ability to perform job specific physical work capability exercises if applicable at the facility.
- Satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
About Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies, with operations in most regions of the world. Together with its U.S. and international subsidiaries and joint ventures, Goodyear develops, manufactures, markets and sells tires for most applications. It also manufactures and sells rubber-related chemicals for various applications.