$77910.30 - $116865.58 per annum
Visit Us & Apply Today
Under general supervision, is responsible for managing and overseeing all operational and financial activities of the Alamodome Box Office. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
This position is an "unclassified" position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission. This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
100 Montana St..; Locations may vary from Alamodome, Carver Community Cultural Center, Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and Lila Cockrell Theater with assignments based off departmental needs.
Schedules will vary with shifts being subject to change to accommodate events, weekends, and holiday shift work schedules as dictated by business needs. Some major events will be mandatory.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees ticket sales to the public in accordance with rules and regulations set forth by management.
- Utilizes computerized TicketMaster systems; Creates, maintains, and modifies all ticketed events in Ticketmaster system.
- Monitors event sales and maintains event histories.
- Meets and works with promoter's ticket representative/staff to determine event pricing, develop scaling plans and manifest creation and advise on pricing structure.
- Supervises, operates, sets up daily box office and oversees all box office operations during events.
- Maintains high standards of customer service for the box office staff while fostering a teamwork-based environment.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates the work of assigned staff. Assists in selecting, motivating, and evaluating department staff; provides or coordinates training and works with employees to correct deficiencies; assists in implementing and administering disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Responsible for box office safe, all monies inside, all cash requirements, and prepares weekly deposit in accordance with COSA Fiscal policies and procedures.
- Develops ticket operation procedures and policies, ensures compliance with Ticketmaster policies as well as Alamodome policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate accounting and reporting of revenue for all ticket sales; prepares financial reports and statistical analyses.
- Coordinates with event promoters and/or their representatives and facilitates event presales, on-sales, promotions, discounts, and special sales; maintains ticket inventory; and placement of holds.
- Investigates and resolves escalated ticketing related issues.
- Troubleshoots, reports, and follows up on any ticketing repair issues.
- Ensures ADA compliant ticketing practices.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in coliseum, arena, auditorium, theatre or stadium box office operations with major sports and entertainment facilities experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- TicketMaster Systems experience.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of professional and major amateur sports and entertainment events.
- Knowledge of ticket selling and box office operations.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management, co-workers and the public.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodations.
- Ability to work primarily in an office environment.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in coliseum, arena, auditorium, theatre or stadium box office operations with major sports and entertainment facilities experience.
Why It's Awesome to Work Here
Do you value Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, and Professionalism? If so, then the City of San Antonio would love for you to join our diverse team of more than 11,000 hardworking, dedicated, and talented employees who work every day to make San Antonio a great place to live, work, and play for its more than 1.4 million residents. As a team member, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop professionally. Full Time team members will also be supported by our comprehensive benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, subsidized health care benefits, paid leave, retirement benefits, an award-winning Employee Wellness Program, training, and a tuition reimbursement program.
About City of San Antonio
The City of San Antonio, Texas is the 7th largest city in the United States, with a corporate boundary of 486 square miles, serving a population of 1.4 million residents. We are committed to excellence in the delivery of services to San Antonio residents and visitors. Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, and Professionalism are principles which define the culture of the 40 departments within our organization, which include Parks & Recreation, San Antonio International Airport, Development Services, Public Works, Convention Facilities, Building & Equipment Services, Libraries, and IT.