Company: Grandview Blacktop Ltd.
Business information: Grandview Blacktop Ltd. was incorporated in 1969 under the laws of British Columbia as a
Limited Company. We perform grading and preparation work as well as manufacture and place asphalt pavement.
Grandview Blacktop Ltd. completes small to large, commercial, industrial, municipal and provincial paving projects
throughout Greater Vancouver Regional District.
- Business Address: 4044 E. 1st Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5C 2W4
- Work Location: Work involves multiple locations within the Greater Vancouver Regional District
- Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $30.18 per hour plus benefits, 40-55 Hours per week
- Benefits: According to the collective agreement, workers get benefits such as health, welfare & pension; holiday
pay and metro travel.
- Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
- Work schedule: Depending on the contract requirements, most work is completed from 6am-5pm Monday – Friday. In addition, there are approximately 8-10 Saturday day shifts required annually and 1-2 weeks annually of
night shift work.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: attention to detail, fast-paced environment and overtime required
- Work site environment: Very noisy environment, strong odours, hard work.
- Operate Asphalt Paving Machine Screed
-Familiar with Vogele, Caterpillar, Blawknox, Cederapids and/or other Paving Machines
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Operate computer-controlled equipment functions
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Secure special attachments to equipment such as screed and auger extensions
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Complete onboard and other logs
-Comply with all safety policies