Posted 2 months ago
$29.00 - $34.00 per hour
• Operate and maintain furnaces and other equipment to produce fluoride materials
• Accurately weigh, mix, and transfer chemicals before and after processing
• Follow chemical safety protocols, including wearing proper personal protective equipment and understanding safety data sheets
• Handle hazardous materials, including concentrated acids and bases
• Monitor equipment, including valves and pressure readings, and respond to alarm signals to ensure safe and proper operation
• Maintain organized records, including data logs, chemical inventory
• Assist engineering with ongoing process development and improvements
• Support other activities in the R&D and Crystal Growth departments, as needed.
Provide clear communication across shifts, including production, facilities, and environmental health and safety
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• 4 years’ experience in chemical processing or in a wet lab is required; this can include lab work in a postsecondary education.
• Visual acuity, manual dexterity skills, and strict compliance with process instructions are required.
• Must be safety conscious and detail oriented.
• Must be able to assist engineering with troubleshooting and future process development.
• AS or BA in a STEM field is strongly preferred, ideally in chemistry.
• Understanding of chemical processes and reactions is preferred.
• Experience with handling hazardous materials is preferred.
• Hydrofluoric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Other Acids, Acetone
We are the world-wide leader in the growth, fabrication, and coating of crystalline materials used in laser systems. These “solid-state” laser crystals are used in products ranging from medical lasers to military laser systems.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
LHH Recruitment Solutions is an Agency that places candidates in direct hire opportunities across the US
Material Manufacturing Specialist - Crystal
Mécanicien de Chantier - Hydraulicien
Val d,Or, QC
Fleet Maintenance Technician II
San Antonio, TX