Company: Cubex Limited o/a Cubex Equipment
Business information: Cubex Equipment is a heavy machinery and equipment supplier since 1972. We offer quality machinery and equipment, as well as outstanding service to municipalities and the construction and mining sectors.
Business Address: 189 Garden Ave., Brantford, ON, N3S 0A7
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Instruct apprentices
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and repair
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Order parts and maintain inventory as it pertains to work order assignments
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts using hand and power tools
- Attach components and commission new equipment
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches, and side booms
- Perform other activities to assist process and machine operators in mineral ore and metal processing
- Inspect, and repair street sweepers, articulating municipal vehicles, electrical vehicles, agricultural mowers, and other heavy construction equipment for proper performance, and operations while detecting any faults and/or malfunctions
- May perform repair work on heavy trucks
- -Education: Some secondary school is required.
- -Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Equipment or Service Technician or in a related occupation is required. If the candidate does not have a minimum of 5 years of experience, then a technical post-secondary certificate is required.
- -Extensive experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical diagnostic, and repair is required
- -Welding experience is required.
- -Have experience with the use of hand and power tools including air tools, misc sockets, wrenchs, hand tools, drill and bits, crawlers, and tool box is required.
- -Having a Class 5 driver’s license is an asset
- -Experience in maintenance of equipment is an asset
- -Experience in working around crushing equipment is an asset.
- -Mechanical skills are an asset.
- -Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
- -Personal Suitability: Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, Judgement, Effective Interpersonal Skills, Team player, Organized, Flexibility, Dependability, Reliability, Accurate,
- -Computer Technology knowledge: Microsoft office (Outlook/email), Internet.
- -Work site environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty, Hot, Cold
- -Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
- -Language: English is required
Salary: $30.50 per hour, 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage, Financial Benefits: RRSP/DPSP Matching Program (1%-4% after 4 years of service), Mileage Paid, Gasoline Paid, Group Insurance Benefits, Life insurance, Work uniforms, Team building opportunities, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days): 3 paid personal days, Wellness Program, Learning/training paid by the employer, Parking and Free parking available. Computer is provided.
Important information: The regular schedule will be from Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Flexibility on schedule is required based on the business needs. The schedule includes one 30-minute unpaid lunch break and two 15-minute paid healthy breaks. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org