Posted 2 months ago
$23.00 - $26.00 per hour
• Evaluate bulk synthetic laser crystals for defects and usable volume by utilizing visual and interferometric tools.
• Measure and digitize crystal materials utilizing a manual Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
• Efficiently organize and plan the allocation of materials for customer product, including the use of AutoCAD for digital mapping or manual mapping methods.
• Review engineering drawings for part specifications and allocation requirements.
• Work with manufacturing personnel to plan and communicate special production needs in order to properly process a variety of materials and part configurations.
• Review daily allocation priorities and requirements from various electronic reports as well as the Production Control Manager.
• Electronically create work orders and manage inventory in the ERP and Shop Floor Control systems.
• Evaluate recoup and finished goods inventory for opportunities to re-purpose rejected or obsolete parts for new allocation demand.
• Participate in monthly cycle counts of crystal inventory Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area, including proper organization of crystal inventory and associate paperwork.
• Perform work in a manner complying with our ISO 9001 quality and EHS management systems.
• A high school diploma or GED.
• Basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to work 2nd shift hours.
• Flexible schedule and the ability to work overtime as needed to meet allocation requirements.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills (English) with peers, other department staff, and management are essential.
• Ability to interpret engineering prints and perform basic calculations using mathematical concepts such as algebra and geometry.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to multitask and think critically, positive attitude, and willingness to learn.
• Ability to maintain written/electronic records and keep an organized work environment using 5S principles.
• An associate degree in drafting/engineering, or related experience, including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and the use of AutoCAD software.
• 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing .
• Experience in a material control role that required determination of material utilization in a manner that maximized efficiency while meeting diverse demand.
• Experience or familiarity with basic machining concepts or a manual CMM.
• Experience with ERP systems and inventory management.
We are the world-wide leader in the growth, fabrication, and coating of crystalline materials used in laser systems. These “solid-state” laser crystals are used in products ranging from medical lasers to military laser systems.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
LHH Recruitment Solutions is an Agency that places candidates in direct hire opportunities across the US
Manufacturing Technician - III
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Tire Repairer / Réparateur / réparatrice de pneus
Building Mechanic (A-Shift)
Emergency Vehicle Technician - Probationary