Posted 1 month ago
$45.08 per hour
Company: KMC Mining Corporation / KMC Mining
Business information: Over the company’s 65 plus year history, KMC has been involved with some of Western Canada’s most exciting development projects. We have completed infrastructure and mining projects throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories. Our team has developed greenfield sites from the beginning of the project life, worked on long-term sustaining contracts during the operational phase of a project, and also re-contoured and reclaimed sites after the project was completed.
Business Address: 28712-114 Avenue Acheson, AB, T7X 6E6
Work Location: Various locations - Suncor & Syncrude mine sites in Fort McMurray, AB
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
● Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical issues on haul trucks, graders, excavators, shovels, and dozers
● Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
● Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
● Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
● Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
● Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
● Service attachments and working tools
● Assist in the ordering of parts and inventory for mining equipment, providing warehouse teams with expertise and guidance
● Verify and repair emission control systems
● Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of large mining equipment
● Ensure work is completed safely and an FLRA is completed at the beginning of every job or when a job changes
● Perform equipment maintenance according to standards, procedures and practices set out by industry and KMC Mining
● Communicate updates to supervisor to ensure goals are met
● Report all incidents, damage, and near misses immediately
● Instruct and coach apprentices
● Keep maintenance reports and documentation
● Operate a mechanic’s truck safely in a mine environment, ensuring the destination is reached following mine driving rules
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience and certification requirements:
- Have the Trade Certification or be eligible to obtain the Trade Certification. Completion of a three- to five-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college, or industry courses in heavy equipment repair is required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Knowledge troubleshooting/repairing CAT 793, 789, 797 Haul Trucks, CAT 24M, 24H Graders, CAT D10T, D11T Dozers, Komatsu 930E Haul Trucks, Komatsu 375, 475 Dozers and Excavators in a mining environment/civil construction is required
- CAT and Komatsu dealer training, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Hoisting/Rigging, Aerial Work Platform, Man Basket and Picker Truck training/experience are considered strong assets
- Driver's license is required. Alberta Class 5 or Class 5 GDL or equivalent. Successful candidates may be required to drive light vehicles in the mine.
- Ability to handle up to: 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye coordination, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Handling heavy loads
-Personal suitability: Judgement, Dependability, Flexibility, Accurate, Team player, Reliability
-Major work area: Mine Maintenance
Salary: As per the collective agreement, Gross Rate of $ 55.87 - 57.24 per hour. Base Rate of $45.08 per hour + Vacation & Holiday Pay + Tool allowance + Night Shift Premium + Pension. 42-53 hours per week.
- Disability insurance, dental insurance, extended medical insurance, and pension plan.
- Yearly boot allowance
- Monthly living allowance (CAD 750) will be provided to successful candidates who choose to be local to Fort McMurray. Temporary accommodations will be provided to successful candidates that choose not to be local to Fort McMurray.
- Transportation will be provided to and from site and camp and/or site and town
- Trade premiums are offered based on experience. Trade premiums range from $ 3.00 to $ 8.00 per hour.
- Annual Retention bonus for all Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanics.
Two modalities of work available: 14 (days/nights) on, 14 off OR 14 (7 days, 7 nights) on, 7 off.
Shifts of 12 hours per day, with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break. Work on Holidays and overtime may be required depending on the business’ needs.
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application- Off-Road journeyman heavy-duty equipment mechanic
Mécanicien / Mécanicienne de Matériel Lourd
Heavy Equipment Operator
Diesel - Instructor
Mécanicien / Mécanicienne de Matériel Lourd
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
North York, ON