Posted 2 months ago
$17.00 - $19.00 per hour
Company: Ontario Door Sales Ltd. / Elton Manufacturing
Business information: Elton Manufacturing has been developing and delivering the best window and weather-stripping products to the garage door industry through innovation, quality and service. Recent additions to the Elton product line include Residential Entry Door Lite Frames and a shelving and storage bin line. With all production completed in Elton’s own facilities, quality control is maintained, and customer service maximized.
Business address: 1250 Matheson Blvd. East Mississauga, ON, L4W 1R2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
· Place weighed materials in mixing machines
· Operate mixing machine to blend plastic and other chemicals to a specific consistency and viscosity
· Unload mixture into container or conveyor for further processing
· Set up and operate calender machines to transform plastic bales or slabs into continuous sheets or films of specified thickness
· Adjust calender rollers for production line change
· Set up and operate extruding machines to extrude plastic compound through a nozzle or die
· Change dies on extruding machines according to production line change
· Set up and operate one or more moulding machines to mould plastic products
· Prepare and change moulds and adjust equipment for a production line change
· Follow formulation card to mix resin batches for the injection moulding process
· Trimming and sanding plastic or fiberglass parts
· Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
· Monitor and inspect quality of material produced
· Pack items for shipping and distribution
· Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
· Organize and maintain inventory
· Clean work area
· Calibrate profiles
· Set temperature and pressure on machines
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience: A minimum of one year of experience in operating extruding machines is required, as the worker will be responsible for setting up, changing dies and operating extrusion machines.
-Due to the responsibility with the machinery handled and for security/protection reasons, the position requires extrusion plastic experience or knowledge (courses or diplomas).
-On-the-job training is provided.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye co-ordination, Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Overtime required, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines.
Personal Suitability: Accurate, Reliability, Organized, Team player, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Judgement, Effective interpersonal skills
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 hourly, 50-65 hours per week
If the worker needs to relocate, the employer will cover the travel expenses.
Flexibility in schedule is required. Most common work schedule is Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM. Occasionally work on weekends depending on the business’ needs and overtime will be required.
Apply by e-mail to: .firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: PO Box 248 Milton, ON, L9T 5C4
Truck and Coach Technician
Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Apprentice