Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Posted 2 months ago
Under direct supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, cleans and maintains all internal and external carpet and hard surface floor areas: Concrete, stained concrete, tile or terrazzo.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides excellent and friendly service to all internal/external guests.
• Ensures all hard floors are maintained clean at all times.
• Sweep, dust mop and mop hard surface floor through out the casino.
• Performs hard floor care maintenance as needed. Includes strip, applying finish, machine scrubbing, and high speed burnishing.
• Ensures all areas of carpeted floor are picked up and clean at all times.
• Removes all gum from carpet and hard floor surfaces on a daily basis.
• Vacuums/extracts all carpets and foot boards to gaming machines.
• Performs fabric extractions on chairs and all other furniture.
• Maintains all equipment in clean, safe working order at all times.
• Informs supervisor of any defects or repairs needed in buildings.
• Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must have six months hard floor and carpet care maintenance experience. Must be 18 years of age or older and have a current AZ Driver’s License. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment.
• Knowledge of environmental services chemicals.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members and guests at all levels.
• Ability to safely use cleaning products and safely operate cleaning equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
• Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
• Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
• Ability to work and finish multiple tasks.
• Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
• Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for full shift; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The team member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos provides excellent benefits and great employee engagement activities.
Desert Diamond Casinos is an Enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, investing into its own tribal enterprises to foster economic development while simultaneously maintaining control over the enterprises’ impacts on the environment, natural resources, and tribal cultural values. The Nation’s enterprises provide much of the financial resources needed to manage day-to-day government operations as well as a full governmental infrastructure. The Nation encourages economic development and has micro-loan organizations that provide assistance to tribal members who have business plans intended to contribute to the Tohono O’odham Nation’s growing self-sustainability. The popularity of the gaming industry has provided the capital necessary to attempt other forms of economic development, and the Nation has been quite successful.
Kitchen Service Tech
Environmental Services Floor Tech
HVAC / Central Plant Specialist