Posted 2 weeks ago
$41.00 per hour
Company: 3321061 Canada Inc. o/a Sunrise Soya Foods
Business information: Since 1986. Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. Sunrise Soya Foods offers a diverse range of soy products such as tofu, desserts, traditional varieties and beverages. We also offer premium tofu products which are all made with certified organic soybeans and non-GMO project verified. We take great pride in creating employment opportunities, supporting organizations in our local communities, and making a lasting impact through our expanded business. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer focus, honesty and integrity, respect, teamwork and corporate citizenship.
Business Address: 729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
Work Location: 21 Medulla Ave, Toronto ON, M8Z5L6
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Supervise workers and projects, oversee project management to ensure effective milestone planning and timely completion of deliverables.
• Co-ordinate and schedule activities
• Train or arrange for training in processing and packaging equipment
• Ensure health and safety regulations are followed, promote and follow Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
• Recommend personnel actions
• Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
• Resolve problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
• Prepare production and other reports, collect and analyze data to improve downtime performance
• Recruit and hire workers and carry out related staffing actions
• Prepare bids, negotiate contracts with vendors
• Operate CADD and other computer software systems
• Estimate costs and materials, work with the Plant Manager to develop the Maintenance department budget plan.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the maintenance of buildings and production equipment
• Ensure compliance of all company’s policies, procedures and standards for Food Safety, Safe, Operating Procedures (SOP’s), quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
• Evaluate employees’ performance in processing and packaging equipment
-Education: Completion of secondary education is required
-Experience: At least 2 years of experience providing maintenance services are required.
-Due to the importance of the equipment we use for our operations, at least 1 year of experience in a supervisory position in the food industry is required.
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment
-Personal Suitability: Judgement, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Team player
-Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty, At heights, Wet/damp, Cold/refrigerated, Hot
-Work Setting: Industrial
-Ability to supervise 5-10 people
-Workers Supervised: Heavy duty equipment mechanics, Electrical mechanics, Small engine and equipment mechanics, Industrial mechanics, Apprentices, Trades helpers
-Language: English is required
Salary: $41.00 per hour, 40-44 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental plan, Health care plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Free parking available, Team building opportunities, Wellness program
Important information: The regular schedule will be from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday, including 30 min of unpaid lunch break, and 2 healthy breaks of 15 min which are paid. Work on evenings and weekends may be required depending on the business’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Landscape Labourer (Seasonal/Full Time)
Grounds Maintenance Worker