2 weeks ago
Company: BETEL Transport
Business information: Livestock transportation business based in Alberta. We work with cattle and pigs, providing services for farms that need to transport livestock from farm to farm or/and to the slaughter house. Betel Transport has operations throughout regional AB, MB and SK.
Business Location: 128A ST Edmonton, AB
Work Location: The position includes traveling to several locations within Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Handle animals
• Transport livestock from farm to farm or to slaughter house.
• Drive a truck to transport livestock on designated routes.
• Accurately load and unload a truck with livestock.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting livestock.
• Plan/adjust routes based on changing conditions.
• Read and interpret maps to determine the truck routes.
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption; complete a logbook with the working hours
• Professionalism in customer service
• Address customers' complaints or concerns
• Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
• Clean out the waste of animals every time after unloading the truck.
- Education is not required
-Due to the risk that involves transporting animals and the financial liability that it represents to the farms we serve, at least 2 years of experience in truck driving are required.
- Experience with livestock is an asset
- Valid Class 1 Driver License
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Flexibility to work late hours and away from home for around a month, weekends and alternate schedule/route as needed
- Willing to travel regularly
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
• Handling / Lifting loads up to 35kg
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Loading / unloading animals
• Agreeable to work in unusual hours
• Handling dusty, wet, hot, cold and smelly environment
• Need to have your personal coverall, goggles, gloves, boots and hard hat
Salary: $20.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week. Salary can vary or increase according to mileage driven (CAD 0.48 per mile for cattle and CAD 0.57 per mile for pigs). The company guarantees a minimum weekly payment of $800 equal to $20 x 40 hrs.
Benefits: Transportation costs are covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: This position requires working approximately 8000 miles per month (minimum 3 hours per day, maximum 14 hours per day). Days off provided on a rotational basis. Work schedule will vary depending on the business needs. Night work required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanic
Tumbler Ridge, BC
Mechanical Engineering Technician / Technicien / Technicienne en génie mécanique
Head Shipper (Warehouse Supervisor)
Point Edward, ON