(NOC 72310 – Carpenters)
Employer: Epic Roofing & Exteriors Commercial Ltd.
Location: 2435 22 Street NE Calgary, AB T2E 8K8
Salary: $29.25 / hour for 44 hours / week
Vacancies: 10 vacancies
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend
- Health benefits: Dental plan, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage, Vision care benefits
- Other benefits: Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer, Team building opportunities
- Long term benefits: Life insurance
- Financial benefits: Bonus
Note: Benefits will start after probationary period of three months
Work site environment: At heights, Confined spaces, Noisy, Dusty
Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Work setting: Construction, Various locations, Maintenance and repair, Commercial, Institutional, Residential
Own tools/equipment: Tools, Safety equipment/gear, Steel-toed safety boots
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems,
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware.
- Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments.
Specific Job Description:
- Work at heights and on flat and inclined surfaces.
- Climb ladders and set up work requirements in a safe manner.
- Removing Structural framing components and assessing condition of building envelope systems.
- Installing new framing beams, posts, and sheathing as to Alberta building code and engineers specifications.
- Organizing tools, materials and sequencing to perform daily tasks.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Measure, cut and install accurately
- Move and carry construction materials and supplies that may weigh in excess of 25 kg
- Maintain a clean and orderly jobsite
- Ensure personal tools are in safe working condition and ready for use
- Follow safety instructions and procedures and comply with safe work standards
- Read, understand, and comply with all Epic Roofing & Exteriors Commercial safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Must be in good physical condition
- Able to walk on uneven terrain
- Good English communication
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Independent worker
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work well with others
- Problem solving to find the best solution for issues
Certificates on the Following an Asset:
- Carpentry Red Seal Trade Certificate
- First Aide Certificate
- Aerial Lift and Aerial Work Platform Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection
- Working at heights
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Bending, crouching, kneeling, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Tight deadlines
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and an application letter.
By email: email@example.com
2435 22 Street NE
Do not send your application by any other method other than indicated above. Please submit using one method only and not repeatedly.