Company: Gresham House Inc.
Business information: Gresham House is a Bench made Upholstery Manufacturer. Each piece is made by hand: individually cut, sewn and upholstered. We use only the highest quality environmentally sustainable Canadian Raw materials.
Business Address: 3250 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 6, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 5Y6
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts using hand and power tools
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery (ottomans, dining chairs, counter stools, sofas, sectionals, headboards, bed rails) according to sketches or design specifications
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons on upholstered items
- Install padding and underlays and fasten covering materials to furniture frames
- Follow the specifications (i.e.: welt, track arm or pullover etc.) to ensure that they produce what the client has ordered
- Garnish the bottom and the back of a seat with interwoven rattan
- Cut and sew fabrics, vinyl, and leather
- Upholster furniture by tacking, stapling, sewing and gluing foam/felt/webbing/fabric
- Staple materials, sew zippers, glue piping or other fabric trims, hammer decorative nails
- Read work orders/production tickets and maintain a database of production status for communication with outside clients as well as in-house sales managers
- Inspect wooden framework for defects and make repairs as needed prior to upholstery application and other finishing work
- Work alongside team members (cutting/springing/foam) to problem solve in order to ensure that we produce a top-quality product
- Clean working space and keep the tools and raw materials organized and properly labeled.
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in furniture upholstering and repair, including working as an upholsterer helper is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then completion of college or other specialized courses or an apprenticeship program in furniture upholstering and repair is required.
- Math skills are required
- Knowledge in all upholstery techniques is required: diamond tufting, channel tufts, track arms, pullover arms, rolled arms, applying loose facings, applying studs
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Ability to distinguish between colours, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal suitability: Accurate, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Organized, Dependability, Initiative, Client focus, Judgement
Language: English is required
Salary: $26.06 per hour, 40-44 hours per week.
Benefits: Group insurance benefits, Vision care benefits, Dental Insurance, Extended Medical Insurance. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important information: The work schedule will be Monday to Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. This position requires flexibility in schedule. Overtime and weekend work may be required based on the business’ needs.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 3250 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 6, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 5Y6
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application - Upholsterer