Posted 5 months ago
$21.00 - $22.00 per hour
Company: Vortex Energy Services Ltd.
Business information: Vortex Energy Services is a 100% Alberta owned company that provides superior and innovative solutions to the resource sector. It has been our focus to provide unique and alternative products and services to the energy, mining, power transmission and construction industries. Vortex Energy has three divisions: Access Matting Manufacturing, Sales/Rentals, Installation and Management, and Portable Fire Suppression Units.
Business Address: 10109 106 St #503, Edmonton, AB T5J 3L7
Work Location: 10503 Railway Ave., Nampa, Alberta T0H 2R0
Type of Employment: Full Time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Build and assemble access matting
• Reinforce assembled products with dowelling or other supports
• Inspect wood products for conformance to quality standards
• Mark defective parts or products for repair
• Trim, smooth, and shape surfaces to be assembled using hand and power tools
• Make minor adjustments and repairs
• Record information on products inspected
• Pack items for shipping and distribution
• Help other workers as requested
• Perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner
• Clean equipment and shop
• Follow company rules, safe work practices, and job safety analysis
-Education: No formal education is required
-Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
Experience using nail guns, hammers, impact drivers, and drills is a strong asset.
-Work conditions and physical capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling
-Personal Suitability: Initiative, accurate, judgment, effective interpersonal skills, team player, organized.
-Work site environment: Noisy, dusty
- Weight Handling: Up to 45kg (100lbs)
-Language: English is required
Salary: $21.00 - $22.00 per hour, 55 hours per week. Hourly rate of $21.00 per hour or greater depending on individual skills and associated with production piece-based.
Benefits: Accommodation provided at a cost. Transportation costs covered if workers need to relocate.
Important information: Flexibility on schedule is required. The regular schedule (one-day shift) starts at 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, from Monday to Friday. Work on weekends may be required depending on the business’ needs. Overtime is required.
Apply by e-mail to: HRAdmin@vortexenergyservices.com
Apply by mail to: 10109 106 St #503, Edmonton, AB T5J 3L7
General Construction Labourer