Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles Unified School District
3 months ago
Floor Covering Installer
Maximum Salary: $ 31.50 Hourly
Application Close Date: 02/14/2020
About the Role:
A Floor Covering Installer installs, repairs, and replaces soft and resilient floor coverings in District schools and buildings.
• Inspects the condition of floor areas and notes preliminary work to be performed, such as furniture to be moved and fixtures and equipment to be disconnected.
• Prepares, measures, trims, cements, installs, and stretches resilient floor coverings.
• Prepares floors for installation or replacement of floor coverings by cleaning, sanding, and patching.
• Removes deteriorated floor coverings.
• Removes and replaces baseboards before and after a floor covering job.
• Loads, unloads, and carries floor covering materials and equipment.
Education: Graduation from High School or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency
Experience: Completion of a recognized combination-installer apprenticeship in the floor covering trade, or five years of experience performing combination-installer duties, including conventional and glue down carpet, sheet goods, and a variety of other flat and cove floorcovering materials, of which one year must have been at the journey-level.
How to Apply:
(1) Visit https://www.lausdjobs.org
(2) Look for “Jobs Open to the Public” on the right side of the screen to find the link for the position of “ Floor Covering Installer “
(3) Complete and submit the application
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the knowledge of:
• Materials used in installing and repairing a variety of soft and resilient floor coverings.
• Materials, practices, processes, and tools of the floor covering trade.
• Safety practices and regulations related to the floor covering trade and to asbestos and lead related work.
Further, the ideal candidate will also be able to:
• Measure, cut, install, cement, and handle a variety of floor covering materials.
• Prepare floors for a variety of underlayment materials.