Henkel Beauty Care holds leading market positions worldwide and its brand-name product business is continuously expanding. In this fastmoving sector, success depends on constant innovation and high-quality products. Are you ready to work in a challenging, but also glamorous and dynamic environment? If you share a passion for hair and beauty, this is the place to start your career.
Department Description Zotos International is a leading Beauty Company specializing in Professional Hair Care and Color. Zotos was acquired by Henkel at the end of 2017 and is now a part of an impressive portfolio of Professional Hair Brands in the US. At Zotos, we are passionate about inspiring stylists around the globe with the most innovative and high-performing products, dynamic education, and exceptional customer service. Together with Henkel, we offer one of the broadest array of brands in the professional beauty industry and the education to match. Our manufacturing facility in Geneva NY is the hub of our business, producing these products for consumers and prosumers around the world. * Diagnoses, installs, maintain, and repairs all facility and operating electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using hand tools and testing instruments.
- Repair, adjust and maintain machinery, building equipment, and systems in the plant such as motors, pumps, valves, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, conveyors, boilers, belts, fans, HVAC units etc.
- Purified Water maintenance and monitoring and Wastewater system maintenance and monitoring.
- Pipefitting, Rough Carpentry along with Welding and Fabrication
- Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal, and communication and power circuits.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, etc.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets and other elements of electrical systems.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Responds to and assist during plant emergencies as part of the Plant Emergency Response Team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Keep area neat, clean and orderly.
Who we are looking for
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field plus 3-5 years of proven experience in an Industrial Maintenance setting with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in electrical mechanical work, or equivalent, is required.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical manufacturing areas where under certain conditions the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, and hygienic precautions, such as hairnets, are required.
- The work environment is not climate controlled.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Must be willing to be on-call.
- The position is in the factory and could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 55 pounds. Must be able to reach, lift, bend and stoop without restrictions. Good manual dexterity needed.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Click on apply and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover more: www.henkel.com/career
Henkel operates worldwide with leading innovations, brands & technologies in three business areas: Adhesive Technologies, Beauty Care and Laundry & Home Care.
Henkel operates globally with a well-balanced and diversified portfolio. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Henkel Adhesive Technologies is the global leader in the adhesives market – across all industry segments worldwide. In its Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care businesses, Henkel holds leading positions in many markets and categories around the world.
Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success. Henkel employs more than 53,000 people globally – a passionate and highly diverse team, united by a strong company culture, a common purpose to create sustainable value, and shared values. As a recognized leader in sustainability, Henkel holds top positions in many international indices and rankings. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX.