Company: Ralmax Group Holding Ltd. O/A Ralmax Group of Companies
Business information: Ralmax Group of Companies is a diversified group of local industrial businesses focused in and around Victoria’s working harbour. The companies within the group include Ralmax Contracting Ltd., Ellice Recycle Ltd., Point Hope Maritime Ltd., Trio Ready-Mix Ltd., United Engineering Ltd., Ralmax Properties Ltd., Chew Excavating Ltd., Esquimalt Drydock Company and Nixon Bros. Truck Repair Ltd. The Ralmax Group is also a partner in Salish Sea Industrial Services Ltd. with the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations.
Business Address: 343A Bay Street Victoria, BC V8T 1P5
Work Location: 343A Bay Street Victoria, BC V8T 1P5 and various locations throughout Victoria, BC.
- Point Hope Maritime: 345 Harbour Rd, Victoria BC
- United Engineering Ltd: 327 Harbour Rd, Victoria, BC
- Salish Sea Industrial Services: 327 Harbour Rd. Victoria, BC
- Esquimalt Drydocks: 825 Admirals Rd. Victoria, BC
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
- Provide routine maintenance to all heavy equipment
- Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose defects in heavy-duty equipment
- Read and interpret technical drawings and information
- Dismantle and rebuild equipment in good working order
- Perform basic welding and steel cutting
- Train and mentor apprentices
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair that is required
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required
- Operate automotive servicing equipment
- Installation of new and added-on equipment
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems
- Install and align engines and machinery
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in the trade is required.
- A journeyperson ticket, red seal or equivalent is required
- Proven mechanical abilities including schematics and diagnostics are required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to set goals and manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs
- A mature, professional, and optimistic attitude
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow all Company policies and procedures, including safety
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general the public at all times
- Experience with routine maintenance operations is required
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems is required
- Good knowledge of hand and power tools is required
- Willingness to participate in regular training programs and courses
- Driver's license is required. Class 3 with air endorsement driver's license is preferred.
- Ability to handle up to 75 lbs and climb ladders and work from elevation, and walk on varied terrain
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Manual dexterity, Hand-eye coordination, Standing for extended periods, Overtime required, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Handling heavy loads
- Personal suitability: Judgement, Dependability, Flexibility, Accurate, Team player, Reliability
Machinery and equipment: Mechanics will be working on everything from small engine repairs, pickup trucks, gravel trucks, cement mixer trucks, roll-off trucks, water trucks, pup trailers, Lowbeds, flat deck trailers, backhoes, loaders, excavators, dozers, articulating rock trucks, compactors, rubber-tired cranes, shovel track cranes, forklifts, skid steers, material handlers, portable jaw crusher, portable cone crusher, portable screen deck, small tug boats. Caterpillar and the trucks are mostly Mack, Kenworth, and Western Star.
Salary: As per the collective agreement base rate of $44.72 per hour. + Vacation & Holiday Pay + Tool allowance + Night Shift Premium + Pension. 40 hours per week.
Health and Welfare contribution. Coveralls are provided or a stipend is provided to employees to obtain their own coveralls upon completion of their probationary period. Company vehicle supplied by the employer if needed.
Flexibility in schedule is required. Work schedule: 5 days a week between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Sunday. Overtime and working on holidays will be required.
Apply by email to: email@example.com
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application- Heavy-duty equipment mechanic