Posted 3 months ago
Company: Trenton Cold Storage Inc.
Business information: Established in 1902, at Trenton Cold Storage our specialty is customized temperature-controlled warehousing and distribution. We provide Canada with more than 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space in our seven Ontario and two Alberta facilities. We are looking for Shipper-Receivers to join our team.
Business Location: 21 Albert Street, Trenton, ON K8V 4S4
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
• Maintain internal record-keeping system
• Route goods to appropriate storage areas
• Pack goods to be shipped
• Unpack goods received
• Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
• Oversee loading and unloading of goods
• Inbound –greet drivers
• Organize receiving documentation by appointment times and priority and enter into warehouse management system. Assign door to driver
• Inspect product in trailers, check temperatures
• Unload trailers and receive product using material handling equipment
• Put product away in assigned locations
• Outbound – Use warehouse management system to retrieve order lists, look for product and confirm orders
• Bring out full pallets using forklift, light maintenance of forklift truck
• Accurately pick orders for shipment
• Clean up damages and provide recoup for orders
• Prepare and organize bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents.
• Finalize loads
• Return paperwork to driver, affix seals and release truck
• Maintain clean working environment
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: Experience is an asset. We will train.
-This position is physically demanding and involves manual labour.
-Workers must be able to work in cold temperatures (-18C)
-Workers must have good communication skills and be able to use computers
-Forklift license is an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
-Work under pressure
-Handling heavy loads
-Bending, crouching, kneeling
-Standing/sitting for extended periods
-Mental concentration required
Weight handling: Up to 23kg (50 lbs)
Work Setting: Warehouse
Salary: $18.50 -$19.50 per hour, 40-60 Hours per week.
-We provide disability, dental, extended medical insurance and pension. We also provide boot allowance, fitness allowance, profit sharing, uniforms, reward and incentive program, training and paid sick days.
- Flexibility in schedule and overtime work will be required. The position involves working on rotating shifts and may include weekends. Shifts will either be a M.A.D. rotation (8 hour shifts, Midnights, Afternoons, Days) or a continental rotation (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights every two weeks including weekends). Schedule will be based on customer volumes.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax: 613-394-6848
Apply by mail: 21 Albert Street, Trenton, ON K8V 4S4
Kingston, Ottawa and London, ON
Snow Shoveller – Grounds Maintenance