Posted 3 months ago
Company: JNW Haulage Inc.
Business information: JNW Haulage Inc. offers transportation of dirt, sand, and asphalt to and from specific locations
Business Address: 2 Dolby Crest, Ajax ON, L1Z 0E1
Work Location: Various locations within the province of Ontario
Type of Employment: Full time – permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Operate and drive the company’s dump truck to transport dirt, sand, and asphalt to and from specified locations
- Load and unload materials
- Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment
- Perform preventive and regular maintenance to ensure that the truck is in good working order
- Verify materials being transported to ensure they do not exceed weight restrictions.
- Ensure that the materials are loaded correctly onto the dump truck.
- Grease the dump truck every 5,000 miles.
- Conduct daily pre-and-post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in adherence with company policies
- Promptly report any accidents, injuries or mechanical faults to management.
- Adhere to all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Communicate with operators and other truck drivers in the fleet to coordinate materials and products handling
- Assist with loading and unloading of material if required
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: At least 7 months of experience in truck driving is required. Additional on-the-job training is provided.
- Valid Driver’s license Class 3 is required
- Air brake endorsement (Z) * is required
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Sitting, Manual dexterity, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Organized, Judgement, Team player, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Accurate
Salary: $24.04 to $25.04 hourly, 37.5- 44 hours per week
Benefits: Accommodation provided at a discounted rate
Work schedule is from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Flexibility on schedule is required, start and end time vary according to the business’ needs and the weather conditions. Driver must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 2 Dolby Crest, Ajax ON, L1Z 0E1
Accounting and Auditing Clerk
Painter and Decorator Helper/Aide-peintre-décorateur/aide-peintre-décoratrice