Port Coquitlam, BC
4 months ago
Company: Summit Print Corporation O/A Summit Labels
Business Information:We are a progressive, full-service label printing and design company offering superior service and premium quality products to our valued customers. We care deeply about our people, our work and our clients. We promise outstanding service and quality while using the latest technology to help our clients grow their businesses.
Business address:300-1353 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, BC, V3C6G1
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for an outstanding Graphics Arts Technician to join our vibrant and energetic team.
• Design and layout pages
• Set type for printing
• Arrange for project printing and publication
• Produce computerized images and drawings
• Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphics palettes or specialized software
• Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided.
• Determine artwork requirements by reviewing work orders; studying design, content, and specifications.
• Develop design concepts by evaluating space requirements, type size and style, spacing, and graphics; reviewing customer’s designs.
• Prepare finished page layouts by writing, editing, keying, and copying text; creating and importing graphics; converting, scanning, and enhancing documents, illustrations, and photographs, into digital images; operating proofing systems.
• Maintain quality results by editing layouts including spelling, grammar, punctuation, reproduction, clarity, and consistency; adhering to prepress standards.
• Obtain layout approval by submitting completed design and layout; reviewing and implementing changes.
• Initiate printing production by transmitting files.
• Maintain press files by filing and retrieving layouts.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Learn and understand digital print press operations
• Create output files for burning screens for printing processes
• Create output files for a CnC machine to create foil and emboss tooling
• Update and develop Esko Automation Engine workflows and scripts
• Update and help maintain online workflows and published webpages
-Education: A college diploma in commercial or graphic arts, computer graphics or animated design is required.
- Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required.
-Full working knowledge of Adobe CC Suite, working knowledge of OSX and its systems, knowledge of Color (CMYK) and ICC Color profiles are required.
-A deep knowledge of working with and developing Esko Automation Engine Workflows as well as working knowledge of Labeltraxx and JDF/JMF workflows are also required.
-You should have graphic design or prepress experience along with training in a production environment. You must have a mindset for continuous improvement and a keen eye for details.
- Pass the minimum requirements for our standardized testing is required.
-Experience creating output files for Screen Printing, burning printing screens from negatives, Outputting files for CnC machines, printing with HP indigo technology, working knowledge of Java are assets.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, ability to distinguish between colours, tight deadlines, attention to detail, work under pressure.
-Personal suitability: Ability to multitask, organized, reliability, flexibility, excellent oral communication, accurate, effective interpersonal skills, quality focused, Deadline-Oriented, a strong work values and ethicsas well as a desire to learn are all key traits we look for in our unique and upbeat work environment.
-Work site environment: Flexibility, team player, client focus, excellent oral communication, reliability, organized, excellent oral communication, dependability.
Salary: $26.00 to $28.00 hourly, 30 hours per week.
Benefits: Life and disability insurance, dental insurance, extended medical insurance, Production incentives, benefits plan with RRSP matching, vision care insurance.
Important Information: Job Purpose: Produce materials for print reproduction by determining prepress requirements; producing layouts of text, illustrations, and graphics, maintaining quality standards and preflight files. Work closely with customers to ensure their desired outputs are met. Work closely with the in-house team to automate, script, and develop new workflows. Continually learn and develop to help drive continuous improvement throughout the department.
Schedule:Monday to Friday, from 8h30 am to 3h30 pm. However, flexibility on schedule will be required as there will be days starting earlier and others finishing later but we guarantee 30 hours of work per week. There will be 15 minutes paid and 15 minutes unpaid of lunch break as well as 2 unpaid breaks of 15 minutes each.
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 300-1353 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, BC, V3C6G1
Assembleur/assembleuse darticles en plastique - Plastic products assembler, finisher and inspector
Medical Orderly / Préposé/préposée aux bénéficiaires
Design and drafting Technologist
Landscape labourer // Préposé-préposée à l’aménagement paysager
Manufacturing Plant Manager (Foam Plant Manager – Polyurethane Foam Expert)
Manufacturing Plant Manager (Fibre Plant Manager – Polyester Fibre Expert)
Construction Project Manager
St. West Thunder Bay, ON