Posted 5 months ago
$21.87 - $23.00 per hour
Company: ETC Inc.
Business information: ETC Inc. is an industrial service company that provides a wide range of services to industrial, commercial and residential clients across Ontario. We specialize in dry ice blasting, high pressure water blasting, wet/dry media blasting, industrial vacuuming, bin & silo cleaning, infrared thermography, insulation, environmental services, graffiti removal and worker training programs.
Business Address: 101 Magill St. Lively, ON P3Y 1K6.
Work Location: Same as above and various locations across ON
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Select appropriate paint or mix paints
• Tend or operate equipment to prepare items for application of protective or decorative coatings
• Tend or operate equipment to spray or coat
• Prepare and apply stencils, decals or other decorative items on finished products
• Check proper thickness of plating using micrometers, callipers or other devices
• Prepare and mix metallizing solutions according to formulas or specifications
• Clean and maintain equipment
• Operate and control: electroplating equipment to coat metal, hot-dip metal plating equipment to galvanize metal and/or spray equipment to build up worn or damaged parts
• Tend automatic metal coating machines which convey objects through a series of cleaning, rinsing and plating solutions
• Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
• Organize and maintain inventory
• Clean work area
• Read and interpret blueprints/sketches/specifications
• Apply coatings through brush and roll, conventional, airless, and plural spray systems
• Operate various types of equipment such as media blast pots and spray guns
• Spray with consistent millage and to product specification
• Mix paints to desired colors and consistencies as per manufacturers specifications
• Operate a variety of industrial sandblasting and painting equipment
• Maintain detailed job logs for each shift
• Track expiry dates of licenses and notify staff when expiry date approaches
• Observe all site specific safety protocols and report concerns
• Operate Forklift
• Drive to and from different work locations
Education: Some secondary school education is required.
Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
Experience operating Calipers, Micrometers, Electroplating equipment, Holiday Testers, Dry Film Thickness Gauges, Wet Film Thickness Gauges is a strong asset.
Application methods: Knowledge working with Brush or pencil, Automated spray painting, Airless gravity pump, Hand-held spray guns, Electrostatic method, Plural Component is a strong asset.
Knowledge of various blast media and surface preparation standards (SSPC and/or NACE), media blasting techniques, Industrial vacuuming and high-pressure washing techniques are a strong asset
Knowledge of Industrial vacuuming and high-pressure washing techniques & equipment (water blasting) is a strong asset
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Bending, crouching, kneeling, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Manual dexterity, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Hand-eye co-ordination, Attention to detail.
Personal Suitability: Reliability, Flexibility, Organized, Team Player
Work site environment: At heights, Confined spaces, Hot, Odours, Noisy, Dusty
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Language: Intermediate English is required
Driver´s license (DZ Class) is required.
Salary: From $21.87 to $23.00 per hour, 40-60 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Extended medical insurance, Construction and equipment tools are provided, Uniforms, Meal provided while on shift, Personal protective equipment is provided, A vehicle for work-related use if provided, If the worker is willing to relocate, Transportations costs are covered by the employer, Food allowance provided only when working out of town
Shift work. Flexibility on schedule is required. The candidate will work 8-12 hours per day (including night shifts and weekends) with 2 days off per week. Overtime (extended hours) may be required based on the business needs. Due to the urgency of some out of town projects, work schedule could be 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off OR 1 week on and 1 week on based on the project’s length.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 101 Magill St, Lively, ON P3Y 1K6.
When applying by email, Subject line: Job Offer - Industrial Spray Painter