Company: INOX Industries Inc.
Business information: INOX is a leader in the engineering, design, development, and manufacturing of customized stainless-steel equipment. Our customer base includes the following industries: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Cosmetic, Food & Beverage, Industrial, Fine Chemicals, Energy/Oil & Gas Sector, and Automotive. INOX is a stable, progressive work environment that has been in business for > 35 years and prides itself in the diversity of its workforce.
Business address: 60 Summerlea Road, Brampton, ON L6T 4X3
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment (GTAW & GMAW)
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or customer specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
- Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Perform calculations and applying shop formulas for lay out
- Assemble and fit metal sections and plates together
- Assemble and fit metal multiple components (sheet, plate and structural) per blueprint
- Perform calculations and apply shop formulas to determine precise sizing & positioning of parts
- Operate manual or semi-automatic plasma torch
- Usage of hand tools to cut & grind to ensure precise fitment of mating parts
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal forming equipment
- - Education: Completion of high school is required
- - Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in welding is required. In the event that the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then the completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or some college or industry courses in welding is required.
- - Certified Welder or Technical Certification is a strong asset
- - Proficiency in TIG welding (GTAW) stainless steel is an asset. Almost 90% of our components are TIG welded stainless plate and sheet.
- - Certification in pressure welder (ASME or equivalent) is an asset.
- - Experience in pressure pipe welding and pressure vessel welding is an asset.
- -Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Combination of sitting, standing, walking.
- -Personal suitability: Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Initiative, Accurate, Judgement.
- - Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs).
- -Language: English is required.
Salary: $27.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance, RRSP pension plan with company matching, vision care, dental insurance, extended medical insurance, and an allowance for safety shoes and safety glasses. Eligibility for all benefits, including allowance, is provided upon completion of the 3-month probation period.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. The employee will work from Monday to Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Work on Saturdays (from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM) is optional depending on the business needs. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: Andre@INOXIndustries.com
Apply by mail to: 60 Summerlea Road, Brampton, ON L6T 4X3