2 months ago
Company: Grandview Blacktop Ltd.
Business information: Grandview Blacktop Ltd. was incorporated in 1969 under the laws of British Columbia as a Limited Company. We perform grading and preparation work as well as manufacture and place asphalt pavement.Grandview Blacktop Ltd. completes small to large, commercial, industrial, municipal and provincial paving projects throughout Greater Vancouver Regional District.
Business Address: 4044 E. 1st Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5C 2W4
Work Location:Work involves multiple locationswithin the Greater Vancouver Regional District
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
-Operate Asphalt Paving Machine Screed
-Familiar withVogele, Caterpillar, Blawknox, Cederapids and/or other Paving Machines
-Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
-Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
-Secure special attachments to equipment such as screed and auger extensions
-Perform minor repairs to equipment
-Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
-Complete onboard and other logs
-Comply with all safety policies
-Some secondary school education is required
– Experience: Minimum 1 year, equivalent to 1600 hours of hand on experience are required
– Valid driver’s licence
– Weight handling: up to 23kg (50 lbs)
– Candidate should be proficient with this type of machinery:Asphalt Paving Machine Screed Operator, and asphalt compaction equipment
– Valid certification issued by a Federal or Provincial Trade Certification Authority such as a Provincial Red Seal Program is an asset
Salary:$30.18 per hour plus benefits,40-55 Hours per week
Benefits:According to the collective agreement, workers get benefits such as health, welfare & pension; holiday pay and metro travel. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Work schedule:Depending on the contract requirements, most work is completed from 6am-5pm Monday – Friday. In addition, there are approximately 8-10 Saturday day shifts required annually and 1-2 weeks annually of night shift work.
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: attention to detail, fast-paced environment and overtime required
– Work site environment: Very noisy environment, strong odours, hard work.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax to: 604-294-3745
Plastic Products Assembler, Finisher and Inspector
Light Duty Cleaner