Posted 3 months ago
East Stroudsburg, PA
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
$38661.00 per annum
East Stroudsburg University is hiring a Utility Plant Operator! Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City and Philadelphia provide convenient access to internships, careers and social activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other opportunities for recreational fun.
As the Utility Plant Operator, you will perform skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of boilers and related equipment. You will be an active member of the Facilities Department and will work closely with the Utility Plant Supervisor to maintain the steam/electric generating boilers and auxiliary equipment. You will thrive in this role if you like combining your experience and knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of boiler plant systems and related equipment. To be successful in this role, you must be detailed oriented, a good communicator and able to follow blue prints and sketches.
Your regular shift will be Sun/Mon, 11 am - 7 pm; Wed-Fri, 11 am - 7 pm. You may have to flex your schedule from time to time based on the needs of the business to be a true Utility Plant Operator. When our team shows up for work, they are energized and motivated to succeed - all while being the most crucial piece to keeping the ESU operations humming.
What Will I Do At ESU? (AKA Essential Duties)
• Operate, maintain, and repair steam or steam/electric generating boilers and auxiliary equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Read gauges and meters and other indicators used to monitor boiler plant systems and takes needed action to prevent potential problems.
• Make adjustments and repairs to boilers, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
• Pack pumps, valves, and fittings.
• Test water for softness and balance and adds chemicals.
• Keep records of steam and electricity produced and fuel consumed on an assigned shift.
• Communicate critical operating information to utility plant staff on the following shift.
• Perform preventive maintenance and clean the equipment and areas in accordance with procedures.
• Conduct safety tests and verify operation of safety devices.
• Recommend changes in operating procedures to increase operating efficiency.
• Operate steam or electric motor driven fans, pumps, and other related equipment.
• Perform related work as required.
Please apply online at: https://ESU.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=esu&id=5605&source=TU
What We're Looking For (AKA Qualifications)
• Two years of experience performing semi-skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of industrial, commercial, or institutional boiler plant systems and related equipment required.
• Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and repair of boiler plant systems and related equipment.
• Knowledge of flows, pressure, and capacity of water tanks and lines.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the boiler trade.
• Ability to understand work from general instructions and specifications and to follow blueprints and sketches.
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects and to work under adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
What We Offer
• Outstanding benefits package
• Living by the Warrior Code:
- Accountable for One's Actions
- Committed to Self-Growth
- Willing to Sacrifice for the Greater Good
- Positive, Honest, and Loyal
- Respectful of the Environment and Community
- Dedicated to Empowering Others
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our teams.
Much like our academic programs, we are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher education. As an organization focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring others.
And yes, legal made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and have English literacy skills. Employment with ESU is contingent on the selected candidate passing a thorough background check that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment. We are proud ESU is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on President Long's 10 point plan, click here: https://www.esu.edu/president/10-action-plan.cfm
East Stroudsburg University is a comprehensive university in northeastern Pennsylvania offering 58 undergraduate programs, 21 master's programs and 2 doctoral programs.
ESU is one of the 14 institutions in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
The University has 67 buildings located on 258 acres in the East Stroudsburg Borough and in Smithfield Township which include academic facilities, 6 residence halls (housing over 1600 students), a 1,000-seat dining hall, a student center and a recreation center. The Student Activity Association, Inc., owns Stony Acres, a 119-acre off-campus student recreation area near Marshalls Creek, that includes a lodge and a small lake.