Posted 3 months ago
$22.50 per hour
Company: Jim Pattison Enterprises Ltd. o/a Delta Pacific Seafoods
Business information: Delta Pacific Seafoods is the largest fresh, frozen, and value-added seafood processor in British Columbia, specializing in high quality, custom seafood processing, value added and cold storage services. At Delta Pacific, we employ a diverse and family-oriented workforce. We offer year-round employment, competitive wages, group benefits including extended, dental and group RRSP. We also provide on-the job training, uniforms, and equipment.
Business address: 6001- 60th Ave, Delta, British Columbia, V4K 4E2
Location of work: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Move tools, equipment and other materials
• Perform miscellaneous labouring activities to help tradespersons, apprentices and other workers as directed: Assist trades personnel (millwrights, engineers, electricians) with general repairs to electrical, plumbing, and other building components.
• Clean machines and immediate work areas
• Safely install and dismantle equipment/machinery (production lines, conveyor belts, fish filleting machines, packaging equipment etc.) at the start and end of each fishing season.
• Identify issues that arise on the shift, trouble shoot equipment malfunction and take corrective action.
• Make adjustments and minor repairs to equipment and machinery to ensure minimal downtime.
• Maintain knowledge of production equipment for both seasonal and year round processing activities.
• Perform daily inspections of production equipment and maintain the logbook.
• Perform general maintenance jobs such as painting, drywall repair etc.
• Make recommendations for repairs, replacements, or upgrades
-Education: No formal education is required
-A minimum of 6 months of hands-on general building maintenance experience is required. On-the-job training will be provided.
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Handling heavy loads, Large workload, Work under pressure
- Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
-Personal Suitability: Dependability, Reliability, Team player, efficient interpersonal skills, flexibility
-Aptitude and ability to work safely with hand tools
-Experience installing, trouble shooting and fixing production equipment (e.g., production lines, conveyor belts, packaging equipment etc.) is a strong asset.
-Must take direction and abide by safety rules
-Knowledge of and capability to complete tasks relating to general maintenance/repairs such as painting, plumbing, carpentry, etc. is an asset.
-Language: Basic level of English is required
Wage: Hourly rate of $22.50, 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability insurance, dental insurance, Group RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan), extended medical insurance, uniforms and equipment are provided. Accommodation provided at a cost. Transportation costs covered if the worker needs to relocate.
Important information: Two shifts available: 6:00 AM to 3.00 PM or 3.30PM TO 12AM from
Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required and depends on operational needs.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Off-Road journeyman heavy-duty equipment mechanic
Poseur de Panneaux de Bois
Find a Job