4 months ago
Company: Emcon Services Inc.
Business information: Emcon Services Inc. is comprised of a group of highly professional companies that specialize in highway maintenance, paving, bridge construction, material processing and equipment hauling. We are a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial road, bridge and heavy-duty equipment maintenance contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in Ontario as Heavy Duty Mechanics.
Corporate Business Address: 105 – 1121 McFarlane Way, Merritt, BC, V1K 1B9
Ontario Business Address: 121 Westhill Court, Lively, ON, P3Y 0B6
Work Location: 6130 Edwards Boulevard, Mississauga, ON, L5T 2V7 and other depots in Kitchener, Westminster, Cookstown and Barrie.
Type of Employment: Full Time– Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Instruct apprentices
• Order parts and maintain inventory
• Keep maintenance reports and documentation
• Attach components and adjust new farm equipment
• Perform repair work on heavy trucks
• Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
• Service attachments and working tools
• Verify and repair emission control systems
Major work area: Maintenance (highway maintenance yard)
- Education: Completion of secondary education is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in the trade is required
- Welding experience is an asset
- Driver's license is an asset
- Physically able to perform the duties of this position.
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Innovative, team player and work well under pressure
- Handling heavy loads, manual dexterity, sound discrimination, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Physically demanding. This position involves standing for extended periods of time.
Salary: As per collective agreement, $34.50 hourly (for Mississauga depots) and $34.00 hourly (for Westminster, Cookstown and Barrie depots), 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: We offer RRSP, Long Term Disability (LTD), dental and extended medical insurance.
The most common shift will be from 7:30am to 4:00pm from Monday to Friday, with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break. Overtime may be required. Flexibility on schedule is required, especially during peak times (winter) and may include the requirement to work weekends / evenings in emergencies.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 121 Westhill Court, Lively, ON. P3Y 0B6
General Labourer - manufacturing & Manœuvre – fabrication
Drywall Installer and Finisher
Heavy Construction-Equipment Operator / Operateur/opératrice d’engin lourd de construction
Off-Road Journeyman Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
Fort McMurray, AB
Traveling Food Maintenance Mechanic
Late Shift Maintenance Supervisor