Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Posted 5 months ago
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, ensures efficient operation, general maintenance, preventive maintenance, service and repair of commercial kitchen appliances, refrigeration and equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Schedules monthly preventive maintenance inspections on all commercial kitchen equipment and appliances.
• Performs service and mechanical repairs on all commercial kitchen equipment and appliances; perform all repairs, maintenance replacement of parts for preventive maintenance schedule and accurately records all pertinent data.
• Continually assess the preventive maintenance schedule to ensure equipment longevity, avoidance of repairs and decrease of operation.
• Coordinates all activities and repairs with supervisory personnel, installs new equipment and systems as directed.
• Makes all necessary repairs to maintain the property operations; responds to repair orders promptly and efficiently to avoid service disruption.
• Maintains, service and repair of refrigeration units, walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
• Contacts and coordinates work with outside vendors
• Performs maintenance, servicing, remodeling, troubleshooting and repair tasks; examines various electrical systems and makes recommendations for new equipment, repairs and modifications.
• Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles utilized per work site, ensures adherence to principles and practices of safe use and operation of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles.
• Oversees and participates in clean up and work site restoration activities.
• Responds to and takes appropriate actions in the event of emergency or critical incidents, i.e., fires, flooding or other emergencies.
• Installs and maintains kitchen equipment, grease pits, and special equipment.
• Attends mandatory training.
• Observes safety rules, and ensures and maintains a safe and clean environment.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 2 years experience repairing and servicing a variety of commercial kitchen equipment. Must have or obtain an EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) 608 certification within 6 months of employment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of methods, materials, tools, parts, and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of commercial and kitchen equipment.
• Knowledge of basic plumbing.
• Knowledge of concepts of electricity and safety practices related to electricity.
• Knowledge and ability to order parts, supplies or service manuals related to equipment or repairs.
• Knowledge of work hazards and safety procedures.
• Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
• Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
• Knowledge of maintenance and repair in a 24/7 operation.
• Ability to develop maintenance schedules of all commercial equipment and maintain records.
• Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system.
• Ability to use any electrical testers and interpret readings.
• Ability to trouble shoot electrical problems such as shorts, outages, faulty equipment or other electrical malfunctions.
• Ability to replace electrical wiring or install new wiring.
• Ability to use hand and power tools using prescribed safety procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to diagnose sources of mechanical trouble and provide required services.
• Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
• Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
• Ability to continually seek improvement in results.
• Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
• Skills in diagnosing and repair of equipment utilized.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos provides excellent benefits and great employee engagement activities.
Desert Diamond Casinos is an Enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, investing into its own tribal enterprises to foster economic development while simultaneously maintaining control over the enterprises’ impacts on the environment, natural resources, and tribal cultural values. The Nation’s enterprises provide much of the financial resources needed to manage day-to-day government operations as well as a full governmental infrastructure. The Nation encourages economic development and has micro-loan organizations that provide assistance to tribal members who have business plans intended to contribute to the Tohono O’odham Nation’s growing self-sustainability. The popularity of the gaming industry has provided the capital necessary to attempt other forms of economic development, and the Nation has been quite successful.
HVAC / Central Plant Specialist
Environmental Services Floor Technician
Environmental Services Floor Tech
HVAC / Central Plant Specialist
Experienced (3+ Years) HVAC-R Technician
Huntington Beach, CA
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician
Arlington Heights, IL