Posted 1 month ago
remote camp location south of Dawson City, YT
McLennan Ross LLP
$35.47 - $45.00 per hour
Fine Gold Resources is a placer mining company operating in the Yukon. We operate on a seasonal basis from March to October and are looking for qualified workers to join our dynamic team in the position of Heavy Equipment Technician.
Duties will include the following:
• Inspecting heavy equipment for proper performance.
• Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
• Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
• Repairing damaged equipment parts.
• Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty and automotive vehicles.
• Repairing and servicing machine attachments.
• Performing major repair work when necessary.
• Consulting with other Mechanics and Supervisor when needed.
• Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
• Performs other duties as required.
Although our head office is at Suite 702 – 505 2 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 1N8, our Heavy Equipment Technicians will be stationed at our remote camp location south of Dawson City, YK (GPS Coordinates N 63 37’ 07” E138 47’020”).
How to Apply:
If you possess the skills above, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For any application related questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Desired skills and experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic or Apprenticeship Documentation.
• Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
• Previous maintenance experience with Komatsu Dozers, Hitachi or John Deere Excavators is preferred but not required.
• Understanding of computer testing technologies.
• Knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulic & electrical systems, and construction equipment.
• Good communication skills.
Wages and Benefits:
Wages are $35.47 to $45.00 hourly, plus overtime per applicable employment legislation, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, critical illness (optional), and accidental death and dismemberment.
We provide accommodations and meals at our on-site camp and offer a highly competitive compensation package.
We would welcome your spouse or partner to join you and will do our best to find appropriate work for them as well.
This is a 24/7 operation with two shifts each day. During time off employees may stay on the site or venture to Dawson City for some time away.
Law firm providing various legal services.
Concrete Finishers for Bry Sand Ice Arena Ltd.
Grounds Maintenance/Landscape Construction Seasonal Labourers for Park Landscaping Ltd.
Grounds Maintenance/Landscape Construction Foreperson for Park Landscaping Ltd.
Aluminum / Steel Railing Fabricators for S.S. Decking Ltd.
Off Road Heavy Equipment Service Advisor
San Antonio, TX
Truck and Coach Technician
Vehicle Maintenance Foreperson