Posted 3 weeks ago
City of Brampton
$84403.00 - $105504.00 per annum
JOB TITLE: Vehicle Maintenance Foreperson
POSTING NUMBER: 105718
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 40-hour workweek / shift work / variable hours
LOCATION: Brampton Transit Sandalwood Facility
SALARY GRADE: 5
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $84,403.00 – $ 94,954.00 per annum
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $ 105,504.00 per annum
JOB TYPE: Management and Administration
POSTING DATE: November 17, 2023
CLOSING DATE: December 3, 2023
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance this position coordinates the day-to-day activity of various disciplines to ensure all buses are safe, operational and clean, and that they meet Corporate and regulatory standards.
1. Provide daily supervision of vehicle maintenance staff and equipment. Is readily available to answer staff questions, provide on-the-job training and clear instructions. Motivate staff, mediate and investigate root causes to resolve conflicts. Accountable for scheduling and coordination of staff activities to ensure efficient operation while holding staff accountable, meeting standards and in full compliance of regulations.
2. Ensure accurate record keeping and reporting of a wide range of performance indicators. Ensures completion and submission of Ministry of Transportation Inspections, Drive Clean program, follow-up and report on Joint Health and Safety inspections and issues, accident damage, warranty, manufacturer recalls, Transport Canada recalls and WSIB forms.
3. Provide leadership by creating programs, schedules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for staff. Ensure SOPs and equipment are up-to-date to maximize productivity without compromising standards and safety. Engage the services of outside suppliers to purchase just-in-time repair parts and to perform services. Oversee the inventory of spare parts through a stockroom with a perpetual inventory and procurement.
4. Recommend changes in on-site procedures to respond to regulatory changes (i.e. safety) and to meet customer service expectations. Identify training and development needs of the team and inform Supervisor.
5. Share information with Supervisor and others regularly. Assist with budget preparation and setting financial controls. Represent function at meetings and as required on committees. Provide information for RFQs and RFPs. Respond to questions from internal and external stakeholders.
• Minimum high school (Grade 12) diploma or equivalent
• Ontario Motor Vehicle Mechanics Licence, class 310T
• 2 years experience in a Vehicle Maintenance environment, Heavy Duty Vehicles preferred, with 2 years experience as a team lead or supervisor in a unionized environment preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
• Good working knowledge of automotive and heavy truck parts
• Ability to understand and document procedures (SOPs) in English language
• Knowledge of Health & Safety (i.e. WHMIS) regulations and other applicable legislation an asset (i.e. Highway Traffic Act)
• Ability to use PC, Microsoft Office
At the City of Brampton, our focus is people. From our employees to the community we serve, people are at the centre of everything we do. Our city is a mosaic made up of 250 cultures and 171 spoken languages. Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's top employers and Maclean's best communities in Canada, the City of Brampton is a dynamic and innovative place to work and experience. We want you to join us in serving our diverse community with pride and passion.
Preventative Maintenance Technician
Emergency Vehicle Technician - Probationary