2 months ago
Company: VPC Group Inc.
Business Information: VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
Business Address: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9
Work Location: 5 Tilbury Court, Brampton, ON L6T 3T4
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques
• Plan, organize, direct and schedule fibre product production
• Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget. Prepare and discuss costing, efficiency of raw material and waste usage and reports
• Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
• Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products. Ensure raw materials are received and properly labelled as per WHMIS regulation
• Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines.
• Direct quality control inspections. Ensure that fibre products produced meet customer specifications and quality standards
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives
• Organize and maintain inventory
• Ensure safe operation of machinery, such as hoists, conveyors and saws, packing equipment
• Manages set up and shut down of fibre line equipment, ensuring strict procedural and maintenance guidelines are followed
• Monitor fibre product production process and ensure smooth operation with minimal waste
-Education: Completion of a college or university program in engineering or equivalent is required.
-Experience: At least 5 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have 5 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Leadership experience in a unionized environment required
-Must be dependable, trustworthy and value accountability
Technical Knowledge Required
-Master of polyester fibre product production (thermal bond, resin bonded, air blown)
-Extensive knowledge and experience managing polyester fibre product manufacturing lines and equipment, including maintenance
-In-depth applied knowledge of Polyester Fibre Roll production lines and components (cards, conveyors, ovens, hoppers, static and humidity controls, PLC, etc)
-Demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately manipulate production variables to achieve desired results
-Mathematical skills, understanding and ability to set parameters ability to think and act logically
-Demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot technical problems, provide direction for solutions
-Process oriented with a technical aptitude
-Computer savvy – must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, experience using ERP system an asset
•High sense of urgency and initiative
•Ability to work until the job is complete
Health and Safety
•High regard for safety of self and others
•High attention to detail and regard for following procedures; ensures others do as well
•Demonstrated tact and experience in handling hazardous materials
•Serve as an example in abiding by all safety policies, procedures and best practices
•Identify, report and avoid all hazards
•Operate with safety in mind at all times
•Report any near misses and encourage other to do the same
•Hands on leader, leads by example
•Encourages and shows appreciation for team member contributions
•Involves team in decision making process
•Ability to motivate team to keep working until job is done
•Generates excitement around achievement of goals
•Keeps team focused, calm and responsive under pressure
•Strong command of the English language (must be able to read, write and speak fluently)
•Ability to present information and discuss alternatives with senior management
•Ability to engage line workers and provide direction in manner that is understood by different personalities
Salary: $48.07 per hour, 40 hours per week.
We provide disability benefits, extended medical insurance and dental insurance benefits, pension plan benefits
Work schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9
Long Distance Truck Driver // Conducteur/Conductrice de Camion sur Longue Distance
Medical Orderly / Préposé/préposée aux bénéficiaires
Manufacturing Plant Manager (Foam Plant Manager – Polyurethane Foam Expert)