3 weeks ago
Company: BETEL Transport
Business information: Livestock transportation business based in Alberta. We work with cattle and pigs, providing services for farms that need to transport livestock from farm to farm or/and to the slaughter house. Betel Transport has operations throughout regional AB, MB and SK.
Business Location: 128A St. Edmonton, AB
Work Location: The position includes traveling to several locations within Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Load and unload a truck with livestock
• Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport livestock from farm to farm or to slaughter house
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption; complete a logbook with the working hours
• Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
• Handle animals
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting livestock
• Plan/adjust routes based on changing conditions.
• Read and interpret maps to determine the truck routes
• Professionalism in customer service
• Address customers' complaints or concerns
• Clean out the waste of animals every time after unloading the truck
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Due to the risk that involves transporting animals and the financial liability that it represents to the farms we serve, at least 2 years of experience in truck driving are required.
- Experience with livestock is a strong asset
- Valid Class 1 or A Driver License
- Being able to drive manual transmission vehicle
- Being able to operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment is required
- Flexibility to work late hours and away from home for around a month, weekends and alternate schedule/route as needed
- Willing to travel regularly
-Equipment required: coverall, goggles, gloves, boots and hard hat
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
• Handling / Lifting loads up to 45kg
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Loading / unloading animals
• Agreeable to work in unusual hours
• Dusty, wet, hot, cold and smelly environment
Salary: $28.00 - $30.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week. Salary can vary or increase according to mileage driven (CAD 0.48 per mile for cattle and CAD 0.57 per mile for pigs). The company guarantees a minimum weekly payment of $1,120 equal to $28 x 40 hrs.
Important Information: This position requires working approximately 8000 miles per month (minimum 3 hours per day, maximum 14 hours per day). Days off provided on a rotational basis. Work schedule will vary depending on the business’ needs. Night and on call work will be required
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org