Posted 1 month ago
$16.55 per hour
Company: World's Finest Shows Inc.
Business information: Ontario’s premiere midway provider. We provide world-class fun to over 50 fairs, festivals, and events each year. Exciting games, delicious food, and thrill rides, family rides and kids’ rides.
Business Address: 9 Hawk Street, Nanticoke, ON, N0A 1L0
Work Location: Various locations across Ontario
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal / 6-month contract
Estimated Start Date: Early May 2024.
Set up and dismantle rides and amusements
Operate rides, amusements and facility equipment
Operate food and game booths
Perform maintenance on rides and equipment
Assist patrons on and off rides
Secure and release safety belts and bars
Collect tickets and fees
Clean and maintain recreational facilities and grounds
May drive trucks, vans and other vehicles to transport staff, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites.
- Education: No formal education required
- Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training is provided
- Must be 18 or older, Background checks may be required
- Willing to travel for the duration of seasonal employment
- Driver’s license is an asset
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Fast-paced environment, Attention to detail.
-Personal Suitability: Team player, Flexibility, Judgement, Reliability.
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Hot, Cold, Wet
-Language: Basic level of English is required.
Salary: $16.55 hourly, 30-44 Hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation from one location to another is provided. Accommodation: We offer bunk rooms and showers in trailers at no cost for housing. However, in line with our internal policies, the selected candidate will receive a new mattress upon starting their employment. To cover the cost of the mattress, a one-time fee of CAD $100 will be required. Travel expenses are covered if worker needs to relocate.
Work location and other information:
-Workers are required to travel to different cities throughout Ontario for 6 months. Workers needed for next season starting Early May 2024.
- Flexibility on schedule is required. Work schedules will vary from day to day depending on event and depending on weather. We work on weekends. Shifts are available from 07:00 - 24:00. Most common shift of 6-12 hours. At least 1 day off per week, when schedule and staffing allows. Note: The employee will receive at least 24 consecutive hours off work in each work week OR 48 consecutive hours off work in every period of two consecutive work weeks as per Employment Standards in Ontario. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Amusement Park Attendant**
General Construction Labourer