Company: Fountain Tire (Timmins) Ltd. O/A Fountain Tire
Business information: Fountain Tire Timmins offers a wide range of car, truck, and trailer tires, as well as complete automotive services, for any make and model of vehicle.
Business Location: 2090 Riverside Drive, Timmins, ON, P4R 0A2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Repair and balance tires. Inspect, install, balance, rotate, and repair passenger and light truck tires, and wheels as directed by assigned work order in a clean and safe manner; this includes ensuring all tires and wheels are inspected for correct inflation, wear patterns, tread depth, and damage as per inspection form and documented accordingly, adhering to required torque specifications, and new tires are cleaned and stickers are removed.
- Provide on-site services
- Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed
- Torque Install, reset, and repair tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
- Maintain, inspect and operate tire service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis; this includes tire balancing equipment, tire changing equipment, compressors/air equipment, and hydraulic equipment, and understanding and adhering to the safe operation of all equipment
- Complete specialty tire work, which could include studding, retread, run flat, nitrogen, etc.
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and supplies are returned in good working condition to the proper location
- Operate company and customer vehicles in a clean and safe manner, this includes having the appropriate vehicle license using proper barriers to maintain vehicle cleanliness, and ensuring equipment and loads in company vehicles are safely secured for transportation
- Support customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries
- Assist in inventory management through documentation processes and annual inventory counts
- Participate in all safe/ initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire
- Drive the clients’ vehicles into the shop
- Education: No formal education is required
- Experience: At least 6 to 7 months of experience as a tire technician is required. Additional training will be provided.
- Heavy lifting may be required for up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Must possess a valid driver's license permitting the independent operation of a passenger vehicle
- Clean Driver's Abstract
- Basic computer skills to complete required learning and safety courses
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers (good communication, and interpersonal skills).
Installation Specialization: Tires
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, Bending, crouching, kneeling, and attention to detail.
Personal suitability: reliability, judgement, team player, flexibility
Language: English is required
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 per hour, 44-48 Hours per week
Uniforms, disability, extended medical insurance, and dental insurance. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Flexibility on schedule is required. The work schedule is from 07:30 AM to 4:30 PM or from 08:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday and from 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturdays. Schedule may vary according to the business’ needs. Overtime may be required.
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 2090 Riverside Drive, Timmins, ON, P4R 0A2