Posted 1 month ago
McLennan Ross LLP
$19.00 - $19.00 per hour
Crews take off and return to their various job sites from home or from our workshop and yard at 20924, 100 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 5X8, depending on the circumstances.
As a Grounds Maintenance/Landscape Construction Labourer, you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist with landscape construction under the direction and supervision of landscape foremen/women
• Plant and maintain trees, shrubs, flowers, and bulbs
• Lay sod, cut grass, rake and collect refuse
• Construct decks, fences and retaining walls
• Work with teams of employees or contractors
• Read blue prints and drawings
• Maintain work records and logs
• Transport landscaping materials
• Perform grounds maintenance
• Clear snow off sidewalks and parking lots
• De-icing or sanding sidewalks and parking lots
• Operate, maintain and repair landscape and snow removal equipment
Work Conditions and Capabilities
Additional requirements and working conditions of this position include:
• Hand-eye coordination
• Ability to distinguish between colours
• Heavy lifting
• Kneeling, bending, crouching
• Tight deadlines
• Written detailed recording, reading maps
• Outdoor in hot/cold temperatures, including wind and snow
• Walking and standing for extended periods
• Attention to detail
• Physically demanding
• Manuel dexterity
• Work under pressure
• Fast-paced environment
How to Apply
If you possess the skills above, please apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 1-888-400-0589.
If you possess the following skills, you will be a great fit as a Grounds Maintenance/Landscape Construction Labourer:
• Proven ability to operate and maintain landscape and snow removal equipment safely and efficiently
• Proven ability to follow direction, work independently and as part of a team
• English oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and reliability in recording and documenting
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Physically able to lift heavy items
We provide landscape construction and maintenance to residential properties, commercial properties and homebuilders in Greater Edmonton and area. During the winter season, we provide snow removal services to apartment buildings, commercial properties and municipal institutions.
We have a Certificate of Recognition from Partnerships in Health and Safety (COR), and are members of the Landscape Nursery Trades Association (LANTA), Alberta Construction Safety Association (ASCA), Edmonton Construction Association (ECA), Alberta Roadbuilders & Heavy Construction Association (ARHCA), and the Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA).
Wages as a Grounds Maintenance/Landscape Construction Labourer are $19.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week under a 9 month contract.
Law firm providing various legal services.
Heavy Equipment Operators for Morgan Field Services Ltd
Job locations will vary throughout Alberta, AB, AB
L3 Rigid Frame Haul Truck Operators for Morgan Field Services Ltd.
job locations will vary throughout Alberta, AB, AB
Concrete Finishers for Bry Sand Ice Arena Ltd.
Grounds Maintenance Labourers at NB Benny's Contracting Ltd.